The Samsung Galaxy S24
Hodges13's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, February 4th, 2019 3:04 AM

Galaxy Note 9 Updates

I just got the software update for my Samsung note 9.. I hate it!!!! It removed the option on the Close All app button to use multi window.. I use that feature everyday..the multi screen in not even a option in settings either..how do I remove the update??..my wholle phone seemed took change..i want the old way back

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

You dont!!!  Welcome to Samsung one ui and Android pie.   This is how Samsung is making all phones look going forward.  It is what it is.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

I want PIE and can't seem to get it?  Am I being punished since I have the 512GB model?  My step-nephew got Pie over a month ago?  I check every day and it keeps saying "you are up-to-date"  Even my Security updates are behind.  I gave my wife my Note 8 and it got a security update a few days ago while my Note 9 is still stuck in October 2018?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Same here. Same phone no update yet either  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

@Hodges13 You can actually still use multi-window. There's a Samsung app called Good Lock that lets you add more functions. Multi-window is one of them

http://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.samsung.android.goodlock

1 Attachment

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

I have been going round-and-round with this issue (my Note 9 512 hasn't had a security update since October 2018).  I have contacted AT&T numerous times and gotten different answers every time.  Also had one AT&T rep tell me to contact BestBuy/Samsung Experience rep who said they couldn't help me.   One AT&T support person pushed me to Samsung who then put in a ticket with the iFixIt??? local office, which was also a waste of time - they too could not help me (they said while they could do a factory reset, it would still go back to what is on there, 8.1.0).  I got sooo fed up with bad/misleading/wrong info/lies (one rep said she "pushed" the update to me, which did not happen and I later found out from another AT&T rep that they can't do that!) that after contacting AT&T again for the 4th time, I left a nasty/low rating on their survey, which I was surprised someone was actually reading and they called me to discuss it.  They too tried the usual suggestions and when I told them I have 40-years of computing experience/not the usual yokel who buys expensive phones and then can't figure out how to turn on DND so it won't ring in church), they pushed me to an AT&T/Samsung "expert".  She too ran me through the usual stuff (power off/on, make sure it is charging and on WiFi, clear the cache) with the same non-results.  Then she did some further digging (after all of the lies/misinformation I am not sure I trust anyone at AT&T anymore) and said she found a document dated April 4th saying AT&T/Samsung has suspended the Pie rollout due to lots of complaints/issues with it (my nephew-inlaw got Pie on his Note 9 2-months ago and has been complaining about bad battery life since the update).

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@zforray wrote:

I have been going round-and-round with this issue (my Note 9 512 hasn't had a security update since October 2018).  I have contacted AT&T numerous times and gotten different answers every time.  Also had one AT&T rep tell me to contact BestBuy/Samsung Experience rep who said they couldn't help me.   One AT&T support person pushed me to Samsung who then put in a ticket with the iFixIt??? local office, which was also a waste of time - they too could not help me (they said while they could do a factory reset, it would still go back to what is on there, 8.1.0).  I got sooo fed up with bad/misleading/wrong info/lies (one rep said she "pushed" the update to me, which did not happen and I later found out from another AT&T rep that they can't do that!) that after contacting AT&T again for the 4th time, I left a nasty/low rating on their survey, which I was surprised someone was actually reading and they called me to discuss it.  They too tried the usual suggestions and when I told them I have 40-years of computing experience/not the usual yokel who buys expensive phones and then can't figure out how to turn on DND so it won't ring in church), they pushed me to an AT&T/Samsung "expert".  She too ran me through the usual stuff (power off/on, make sure it is charging and on WiFi, clear the cache) with the same non-results.  Then she did some further digging (after all of the lies/misinformation I am not sure I trust anyone at AT&T anymore) and said she found a document dated April 4th saying AT&T/Samsung has suspended the Pie rollout due to lots of complaints/issues with it (my nephew-inlaw got Pie on his Note 9 2-months ago and has been complaining about bad battery life since the update).

You have a problem with something in your IMEI if you have not gotten updates since Oct.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

I thought about the IMEI and at least two AT&T reps confirmed the number was correct and working. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Same here,  have called support twice and was told that in next 24 hours phone should pick it up the update.... still nothing.  Reboots several times, doesn't see the update to 9.0 PIE

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

Another similar thread/discussion told me about known problems with some early Note 9's not getting fixes/updates and the only solution is to either get it replaced under warranty or go to a UBreakiFixit place (Samsung's authorized repair service provider).  The local "ifixit" place is a 30-minute drive from my home and in 30-minutes they upgraded my Note 9 512GB to Pie and the March 1 security patches without any loss of data/configuration (although I made sure I had a backup of everything - twice) - YMMV.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I contacted Samsung to do a manual update to my Note 9. Reply is that ATT
is releasing 9.0 PIE update for Note 9 devices in late April. Info seems
conflicting between ATT and Samsung. Lacking support from both is more
like it. Customer let down seems to be the norm.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.