The Samsung Galaxy S24
Hodges13's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, February 4th, 2019 3:04 AM

Galaxy Note 9 Updates

I just got the software update for my Samsung note 9.. I hate it!!!! It removed the option on the Close All app button to use multi window.. I use that feature everyday..the multi screen in not even a option in settings either..how do I remove the update??..my wholle phone seemed took change..i want the old way back

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@TJW961 wrote:
I contacted Samsung to do a manual update to my Note 9. Reply is that ATT
is releasing 9.0 PIE update for Note 9 devices in late April. Info seems
conflicting between ATT and Samsung. Lacking support from both is more
like it. Customer let down seems to be the norm.

Find a location like @zforray said and they can flash the update for you free of charge.  The Note 9 got pie long ago.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

While AT&T is managing/throttling the PIE upgrades, my issue was that I wasn't getting *ANY* updates and was still stuck on the October 2018 Android Security updates, which is indicative of a deeper problem - not just queued waiting for PIE. My Note 8, which I gave my wife to use as a media-consumption-device - not to make phone calls/no SIM (she likes her clamshell phone), was getting the regular security patches and also got PIE before me - another indicator something was wrong with my Note 9.

As I understand it from the UBreakiFixit folks, since the device is still under warranty, you can just call to schedule an appointment with them directly. No need to go through Samsung. Eventhough AT&T/Samsung were the ones who pointed me to the iFixit folks and supposedly gave me a repair ticket number, the iFixit folks couldn't find it and said they didn't need it!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@zforray wrote:

While AT&T is managing/throttling the PIE upgrades, my issue was that I wasn't getting *ANY* updates and was still stuck on the October 2018 Android Security updates, which is indicative of a deeper problem - not just queued waiting for PIE. My Note 8, which I gave my wife to use as a media-consumption-device - not to make phone calls/no SIM (she likes her clamshell phone), was getting the regular security patches and also got PIE before me - another indicator something was wrong with my Note 9.

As I understand it from the UBreakiFixit folks, since the device is still under warranty, you can just call to schedule an appointment with them directly. No need to go through Samsung. Eventhough AT&T/Samsung were the ones who pointed me to the iFixit folks and supposedly gave me a repair ticket number, the iFixit folks couldn't find it and said they didn't need it!

yeah ifixit is the new repair company for Samsung in the US

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.