The Samsung Galaxy S24
Antroks's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, November 27th, 2018 6:50 PM

Galaxy Note 9 Updates

Hello, all...

I have the baseband version N960USQU1ARG9 and security patch of July 1st.

I have checked with smart switch and through the settings and I have no updates available,

Any help?

Thanks. 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Wow, really surprised that this issue is real.

I have a 512GB model, bought from the Samsung online store, received the first week of January, financed through AT&T Next, sent to me by AT&T, I used the new SIM that came with the phone to activate and for daily use.

I was not getting the new Pie update as of yesterday. I factory reset my phone a couple times so I could have it actually check the server, rather than the quick "you're up to date" it normally throws (I assume it writes a file somewhere so it knows to not check the server again for a day or so). Still it was not getting the Pie update, I looked at the update details on AT&T's website and the previous updates, I realized at this point that not only was Pie update not showing up, I was also not getting the latest (December) security fix that was released in mid January.

At this point I chatted with an AT&T agent to see if they could resolve my issue. They had me reset my network settings, and told me they would push the update on the back end and it would arrive in 24 hours. After about 20 hours, I started looking again and found this forum entry, reading to the end with some peeps swapping SIM cards was intriguing.

So at about 23 hours, I was able to swap the wife's SIM into my phone (she has an S8), it was doing the quick "you're up to date" crap, I factory reset the phone, did not connect to WIFI, checked for updates, it immediately found the "December" update released in January. After that update was installed, it found the Pie update as well (still waiting for that to finish).

So now my questions are:

Was there an issue with the SIM cards included with the Note 9's?

Or, were the SIM cards included with the Note 9's never added to the right databases/ACLs to have access to the server that has the update files?

Any case I might look into getting a new SIM soon.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I have a note 9 on att and cant update to the one ui ,help please btw I live in PR

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

@Yobet66, I'm not sure if PR counts as US to AT&T, hopefully it does. Have you known or seen others getting the update? Will they let you barrow their SIM to download the update? Otherwise, you may need to contact AT&T to verify the update is available for you, and to get a new SIM that will allow you to update.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for the reply, PR has att .I already changed the sim card and
nothing man.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

My AT&T-locked Note 9 that I purchased from Best Buy still hasn't gotten the Pie update. Numerous folks have suggested that the SIM card that comes from these third-party sellers may be at fault. I have received all the previous updates in a timely manner. I spoke with two AT&T service techs and both promised to push the update out to my phone within 24 hours. It didn't happen.

There's another thing: When I go through the AT&T Troubleshoot & Resolve wizard for Software Updates, I see two warnings. The first is preceded by a red exclamation point and reads, "A software update can not be sent at this time. Try the steps below." The second one has a blue lower-case 'i' and says, " Your current software version is NotAvailable."

Does AT&T monitor this forum? They have to know this is a problem.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Change the date in your phone .then check it . With the new sim card .

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

@Yobet66I was mostly pointing to the fact that a number of these forum threads have stated that you must be in the US to get the update, and if you are outside the US you have to get codes from AT&T to update the device. As I am sure you are aware, whether PR is a part of the US can be a rather grey area depending on who and what we are talking about. So you may need to verify with AT&T that you can get the update, or if you can get a code to be able to download it where you are.

@rfbeckerhave you tried someone's SIM who is getting updates? If what @Rusk73 said does not help, it kind of sounds like it's about time to factory reset your phone (don't forget to back up everything).

Any case, I agree that I would like to hear that AT&T is looking into this issue.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Which date should we put?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Tried that. Didn't work.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I did that numerous times, I don't know what's wrong
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.