Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Galaxy Note 9 Updates

Tutor

Galaxy Note 9 Updates

Hello, all...

I have the baseband version N960USQU1ARG9 and security patch of July 1st.

I have checked with smart switch and through the settings and I have no updates available,

Any help?

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 51
ACE - Sage

Re: Galaxy Note 9 Updates

You cannot get updates unless you are in the USA and using ATT for service.  No other options

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 51
Tutor

Thank you for the reply. Which is the latest baseband version available for the Note 9?

Message 3 of 51
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Antroks
‎11-27-2018 11:57 AM

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 51
Tutor

Thanks! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 51
Highlighted

I am on AT&T in the US and I haven't gotten any updates  I'm still on thd July patch. 

Message 6 of 51
Tutor

That's the one I have... 😪
Message 7 of 51
ACE - Expert

@Sweetypie31 wrote:

I am on AT&T in the US and I haven't gotten any updates  I'm still on thd July patch. 

I would call ATT and make sure your IMEI matches the phone your using.

Message 8 of 51

I have called and the ime numbers match. 

Message 9 of 51
Tutor

This isn't the solution. We know there is an update . But it's not getting pushed to our phone . At&t needs to fix it . But they will take a year or more to get something done. 

Message 10 of 51
Tutor

At&t keeps saying they solved the problem for this .but they have not solved anything .we know that there is an update for the phone. But our phone is not updating .At&t needs to push the update out to the device .

I found android 9.0 beta version for att note 9. But I have to be on a newer version of Android to update it. You can flash all att updates . Which I will be doing tonight .I will let you know how it goes . After I pay off this phone I'm dropping at&t forever. 

Message 11 of 51
Tutor

Not the solution . You are wrong . What a joke man. LoL . 

Message 12 of 51
ACE - Expert

You can flash updates BUT of you get on a wrong build number or flash the update wrong you will have a brick.  Also if you plan to flash a pie beta make sure you have a current copy of oreo.

Message 13 of 51
ACE - Sage

This nonsense happens every time Samsung “releases” os updates.   (As the owner of Nexus and Google devices, those releases are not when your phone actually gets the updates.  Not unusual for it to take another month or 2)

It should be noted that the version on unlocked Samsung phones is not what Verizon and AT&T use or release.  Carrier versions are customized and are tested, debugged, tested, rinse repeat, until no bugs.  

It’s a yearly ritual on the forum to see these complaints, and every year the release comes from the carrier around the time the next generation phone comes out.  

Anyone who lived through the horrid lollipop debacle with a bricked phone, and the more cautious and smooth marshmallow update learned their lesson and doesn’t complain.  

My final:   Samsung bogs their phones with so much redundant garbage, of course it takes months to test it!     

I think I’m on my last Samsung.   I don’t like the curved screens and the minus out weighs the plus.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 14 of 51
Contributor

I am also using  same model number  but didn't  get an Update  yet

Message 15 of 51
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support