The Samsung Galaxy S24
Mr_Spork's profile

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

Sunday, July 10th, 2016 2:39 PM

Galaxy Note 5 WiFi connectivity.

My phone updated to Android 6.0.1 a couple of weeks ago and now it seems like the device will not maintain a stable wifi connection in my home. It might be due to the AT&T Smart wifi app going into sleep mode at will. Before I uninstall it, i wanted to try  and determine if the issue stems from the app or the device itself. thnx!

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

8 years ago

Is it possible you're connecting to your router's "guest" subnet (seperate network SSID from your regular WiFi, but often close to the same name, depending)?

I checked my router and the guest network is disabled so that's not it. I also re-enabled the WiFi sleep function. I'm all for saving battery life!

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

Did you flush your cache partition?  

It could be you're seeing a cached page from another Router/AccessPoint, with the same IP or similar UUID info.

You've rebooted your router too, correct?

Really scratching my head otherwise, this is typically a public hotspot popup, per my above explanation.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

8 years ago

I had the same problem with my Note 5 connecting to wifi. I really thought it was a problem with my new phone. Then, a couple of weeks ago, AT&T had a software update, and now the wifi issue is resolved. You may want to check to see if you have the latest AT&T software update.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

8 years ago

Did you flush your cache partition? 

It could be you're seeing a cached page from another Router/AccessPoint, with the same IP or similar UUID info.

You've rebooted your router too, correct?

I'm sorry, not familiar with flushing the cache partition? But I have not rebooted my router. We'll do that for sure.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

8 years ago

AT&T had a software update, and now the wifi issue is resolved.

This particular issue actually started after the update MyrMyr refers to.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

8 years ago

I turned my phone off and reset my router and thus far, I haven't seen any instances of the odd message as yet.

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

@Mr_Spork wrote:

I turned my phone off and reset my router and thus far, I haven't seen any instances of the odd message as yet.

Good to hear, the router reset probably forced a DNS refresh on your phone, effectively doing the same thing.

I'd still clear your cache, or at least keep it "as a fallback" if you see this again.  Clearing the cache will wipe any of the DNS data that might be making the phone think it's connectng to a different router: https://www.androidpit.com/how-to-clear-the-cache-on-a-galaxy-s6-edge

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.