Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Galaxy Note 4 issues after marshmallow update

Tutor

Galaxy Note 4 issues after marshmallow update

2 phones, both Samsung Note 4 (US) SM-910a

Both updated from lollipop to Marshmallow 6.0.1 last week.

Phone 1. keeps randomly rebooting
Phone 2. having Messages app issues (extreme freezing/text editing hesitancy, message notification heard but no message appears).

Mitigation actions:
- Cleared system cache
- Cleared MESSAGE app cache
- Would rather not have to factory reset if there are other options

- does ATT have user friendly troubleshooting app to scan marshmallow to identify misbehaving apps or any issues affecting operating system system stability?

Kernel version
3.10.40-8932341
dpi@swdd6914#1
Wed Aug 1719:04:42KST2016

Build number
MMB29M. N910AUCU2EPH5
Message 1 of 34

Re: Galaxy Note 4 issues after marshmallow update

Are there bootleg Samsung batteries out there? 

Message 31 of 34
Teacher

This is not a battery issue.
Message 32 of 34
Contributor

of course , been using them for years .   

Message 33 of 34
Teacher

And I have to say, mine (which is a recently purchased refurb ATT 910A phone by Samsung) had problems with the Samsung battery.  For all of you saying that third-party batteries are the culprit for dying, mine now works OK after going with a different one. (Which is an 11000mAh to last a couple of days - but I've had that down to under 5% where the Samsung just killed the phone at around 40%.)

But OK for an extended-use battery doesn't explain a number of other problems such as dropping cell signal when wifi is engaged.  Or rotation not working for email/text after the first time following a reboot.  Which are also new problems which literally just developed this week following another OTA ATT upgrade.  I'm gonna have to figure out some way around all of this soon...

Message 34 of 34
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support