The Samsung Galaxy S24
rick27607's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Monday, September 26th, 2016 3:14 AM

Galaxy Note 4 issues after marshmallow update

2 phones, both Samsung Note 4 (US) SM-910a

Both updated from lollipop to Marshmallow 6.0.1 last week.

Phone 1. keeps randomly rebooting
Phone 2. having Messages app issues (extreme freezing/text editing hesitancy, message notification heard but no message appears).

Mitigation actions:
- Cleared system cache
- Cleared MESSAGE app cache
- Would rather not have to factory reset if there are other options

- does ATT have user friendly troubleshooting app to scan marshmallow to identify misbehaving apps or any issues affecting operating system system stability?

Kernel version
3.10.40-8932341
dpi@swdd6914#1
Wed Aug 1719:04:42KST2016

Build number
MMB29M. N910AUCU2EPH5

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I was not receiving pictures on MMS messages, taking minutes to send text, and not receiving texts. I just turned off the advanced messaging in settings and this has fixed the problems.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Same issues with additional battery drain. Phone just went through multiple reboots. Even after battery removal. Only way to stop reboots was to plug in charger. Battery was 75% prior to reboots. After plug in to charger, battery indicated 15%. Kernal and build # same as above.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

After the 6.0.1 update my Note 4 also suffers from very rapid battery drain. I've also reset the system cache with no improvement.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I've had the same issues. Quick battery drain, text lag and freezing, and random restarts then gets stuck in reboot loop. I tried everything...cleared the cache, cleared off most of the apps, took out battery and did soft resset and even master reset twice. Even after the master resets, still have issues with battery. Haven't put all my apps back on the phone and still drains. Checked battery usage and the most anything pulls is the screen with is 4% but on autodim. Never had any issues with battery drain before the marshmallow update. Seems fishy that no battery problems prior to update and now I have to replace the battery? Don't think so......fix the Marshmallow OS.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I had issues with Google search. It would never give me the option to type a search by this app or Chrome. I updated Google via the Play Store then lost settings for Google Now including my custom lock screen and wallpaper. I had to totally reconfigure my display settings of my apps and widgets. After making several changes (like clearing cache for Google Search), I saw that I didn't have the newest version of Google. I upgraded and everything was messed up again. Now I'm using the Dolphin app for my text searches.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

Hi and thanks to all for sharing your experiences. It's good to know I'm
not alone.

We just received a new ATT update today and here's some info from the About
tab:

Version 6. 0. 1

Android security patch level
September 1, 2016
Baseband version
N91 0AUCS2EPH7

Kernel version
3. 10. 40-8932341
dpi@swhd4317#1

Fri Sep 9 1 6 : 55 : 32 KST 2016
Build number MMB29M. N91 0AUCS2EPH7

Was someone listening at ATT?

So far no unexpected reboots ( but as one reader mentioned, I have not gone
below 75% battery yet to see if this is the cause)

My wife's phone's messages app was still sluggish at first, and we wiped
system cache and Messages app cache and we're watching performance. One
post update issue is that our No-LED app that we use to notify us with a
constant periodic tone until we look at the phone stopped working on both
phones.

Thanks, Rick

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I just received the latest update and now I'm having issues with text latency while typing. My texts take sometimes over a minute to send. The biggest issue though is when my phone goes to sleep by itself, I have to pull the battery because it will not wake back up. The LED light shows notifications but my screen won't come back on.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

(Phone 2) I had one reboot last night after applying the latest ATT update yesterday evening (think I was at 94% battery), no reboot waiting for me this am and none yet so far .

(Phone 1) No texting yet on Phone 2 to gauge the performance of the Messages app but had to clear cache after yesterday's latest ATT update as it was sluggish to start (initial scrolling of the Messages screen was sluggish or seemingly non responsive)

(Both phones) I had to erase cache and data for NoLED and then was able to restore a backed up profile and it is working again on .

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

Phone 1 just self rebooted sitting in the charge cradle (100% charge).

And does anyone know why they changed the fingerprint functionality upon reboot where you have to enter in the backup pw th first time?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@rick27607 wrote:

Phone 1 just self rebooted sitting in the charge cradle (100% charge).

And does anyone know why they changed the fingerprint functionality upon reboot where you have to enter in the backup pw th first time?

because of security...  law enforcment cant make you give them a passcode but they can get your print and use it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.