Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Duplicate text messages ...

Contributor

Duplicate text messages ...

So, my friend and I both have Samsung Galaxy S4s on AT&T, we're not on the same plan, and for the past week or so, our phones will keep repeating sending the past messages that we sent. Just now I literally got the same SINGLE EMOJI sent to me 8 times in a row in perfect 2 minute intervals. He says he doesn't see it, but that sometimes my phone will do the same thing to him. It'll normally stop at like 3 or 4, but sometimes it just keeps going and it's so infuriating. lol. I'm just wondering if there's a reason this is happening? I heard sometimes it's related to shake activated apps like Flashlight so I uninstalled that but it actually happened worse after I did that. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 37
Contributor

Re: Duplicate text messages ...

2017 and this is still happening. Samsung S5. Sent the same message 35 times last night and received 15 identical replys. Really irritating.
Seems this has been happening for years. And since it affects many different models of phone, it must be a network issue. Surely someone at AT and T should just fess up and give us an answer.
Message 31 of 37
Contributor

sometimes, but unfortunately not every time, it will help to have the person delete the message thread. I've had to have people do it for the same repeat issue.. as I said, sometimes it helps. it's worth a try.

Message 32 of 37
Contributor

Happened to me for the first time this week. Tried all the fixes I could find with no luck.

Message 33 of 37
Contributor

Google Newsstand just appeared on my phone today and today all my tex to speech messaging started duplicating. Don't know if it's related but I uninstalled Newsstand and now my text to speech messaging is working perfectly. I hate how Google takes over your phone and installs apps you never wanted. 

Message 34 of 37
Contributor

My phone does same thing, doesn't seem to matter what kind of phone it comes from. I have a samsung 7 and it has issues with a lot of things. I had one replaced, this one "fixed" by Samsung. Because of these issues, and AT&T not helping , I can' wait to leave AT&T next December when this stupid phone is paid off.

Message 35 of 37

I had the same issue this morning of the repeat text from 28891323. I have found the link for checking which third party service you consented to sharing data to here:

att.com/cmpchoice

found that it was a banking site I had given permission to send login code every time I attempt to log into site. 

I received this message over 40 times in 1.5 hours

Message 36 of 37
Contributor

Ok, this isn't the same issue. My issue is from person to person texts; Some times I will receive duplicate texts from another person, even though they say they didn't send one and theirs doesn't show that it was duplicated on their phone. It will just show the duplicate text on mine. Not sure if it is something with their phone or mine. The other phone usually isn't another ATT phone so that may be the issue, I just don't know.

Message 37 of 37
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support