The Samsung Galaxy S24
ehynnie's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, September 7th, 2014 6:56 AM

Duplicate text messages ...

So, my friend and I both have Samsung Galaxy S4s on AT&T, we're not on the same plan, and for the past week or so, our phones will keep repeating sending the past messages that we sent. Just now I literally got the same SINGLE EMOJI sent to me 8 times in a row in perfect 2 minute intervals. He says he doesn't see it, but that sometimes my phone will do the same thing to him. It'll normally stop at like 3 or 4, but sometimes it just keeps going and it's so infuriating. lol. I'm just wondering if there's a reason this is happening? I heard sometimes it's related to shake activated apps like Flashlight so I uninstalled that but it actually happened worse after I did that. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

It is now late August and I too am having this same issue. The problem has obviously NOT been resolved.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Hi - yes, I too am an AT&T user - Huawei Honor 5x.

Have been on AT&T for 2 years, with no problem until last night - 3 different friends were getting blasted with 10 or more repeats of my message.  Myself, I'm not experiencing the "broken record" syndrome, only recipients of my texts.

I was on Wi-Fi at the time.  Could this have something to do with it?

Thanks for investigating.

Jerry in Charlotte

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Also having this problem! I have an iPhone 6s Plus. It's not all massesges - just 1 video from my sister in law and a series of photos from my dad. Other messages since then are transmitting fine. aT&t is making me very upset.  I've now talked to CSS three times.

First on monday night - took me thru a reset and said she would call me back. She never did. So unprofessional.

Monday morning spoke with another gal. She was actually nice but I was in meetings all day so when the repeat messages started coming in again, I didn't reach back out to her before her shift ended. But her efforts also did not resolve the issue.

Called third time Tuesday night and did another reset - they keep making me do the same GD thing - network reset. She said she'd monitor and told me to reach out if I got the messages again. I did - 5x to her test phone (and well before her shift ended) and guess who didn't call me back?? I've since gotten the message 15 times tonight. I don't have unlimited messaging. FML and FU at&t

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Am new to SmartPhones and have a LG K 10. I have been having this problem since Friday evening, 11/4/2016 and I must say it is driving me crazy! On Thursday (11/3), I stopped getting texts within each thread and started getting thread related texts from each thread participant. Then on Friday 11/4, I began getting multiple DUPLICATE texts from the thread participants. In multiples of like 6 or 7! Spaced out 30 to 60 minutes each. Of course, I forgot my phone at home, so I'm printing the cache clearing instructions and then will try a soft reboot (by removing my battery). I will also be back to this forum/thread if it doesn't work.... GP

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

OK, I have cleared cache's and done soft boots.  I have also done a force stop on a few applications including Drive Mode and Drive.  I think the Force Stop has significantly slowed things down but I am still getting the repeated texts from the original members of the thread. 

I am tempted to do a force stop on the Google Hangouts App next.... Hangouts is an app that manages SMS and MMS apps in the Android world. 

I am eventually going to end up at the ATT store for help... GP

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

This really sucks!  I did a force stop with Google Hangouts APP and still having an issue...

Going to the ATT store tonight to see if I can get some help... 

How do I escalate if they are of no assistance?  GP

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have repeating MMS messages that originated from an Android phone.  The problem must be in the network to my phone because the sending phone has no record of the activity.  I know because it is my son's phone.  My phone cannot display MMS messages but I can read them on a web browser.  ATT customer support is clueless about resolving this problem but I will try again and direct them to their own forum...  this is an ATT problem...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I'm having the same issue as of a few days ago (to my knowledge). On a oneplus 3.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Having the same issue.  I have a galaxy s7 on AT&T and everything was fine until we made some changes to our account.  For a few days I couldn't receive text messages because they accidentally removed text messages from our account then when they added it back, I received a couple of days worth of messages all at once.  That was fine, except now I receive the same messages on a loop all day long.  All the messages I "missed" from those couple of days keep coming.  Tried a soft reset and clearing the message cache but it hasn't stopped.  Someone please help as this is getting very annoying. My wife is having the same issue with her phone.  She has a galaxy s6.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

2017 and this is still happening. Samsung S5. Sent the same message 35 times last night and received 15 identical replys. Really irritating.
Seems this has been happening for years. And since it affects many different models of phone, it must be a network issue. Surely someone at AT and T should just fess up and give us an answer.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.