For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Privetfla's profile

Scholar

• 

285 Messages

Thursday, May 16th, 2019 11:29 AM

Disappearing emails

I am using samsung email app on an android phone. After i read my email, i move it to its designated folder. When i go into that folder to read it again, many times that email is gone. Some emails that i move do get saved, but then some disappear after moving. This makes no sense as it only happens sometimes, not all the time. Anyone know why some of my moved emails don't get saved in its designated folders?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

5 years ago

Stop using Samsung’s crappy built in email and use gmail or yahoo or other app specific mail program.  

Scholar

• 

285 Messages

5 years ago

@lizdance40 

Hi

Gmail looks like a circus clown threw up all over it. That doesnt really answer my question, but thanks anyway.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

5 years ago

So pick:

disappearing email

or

Primary colors

Doesn’t change the fact that the Samsung built in email is flawed and does the sort of stuff you describe. Email specific apps do the job.  

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@Privetfla wrote:

@lizdance40 

Hi

Gmail looks like a circus clown threw up all over it. That doesnt really answer my question, but thanks anyway.

@Privetfla 

Say what?  Gmail is the most functional of all email apps...  Apple mail is a close 2nd.

Scholar

• 

285 Messages

5 years ago

@lizdance40 

@GLIMMERMAN76 

Lol you guys. I think i will stay using my samsung email as my default. BUT i do have gmail as a backup for those disappearing emails. Appreciate your replies!!! 😎😎😎

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@Privetfla wrote:

@lizdance40 

@GLIMMERMAN76 

Lol you guys. I think i will stay using my samsung email as my default. BUT i do have gmail as a backup for those disappearing emails. Appreciate your replies!!! 😎😎😎

@Privetfla 

Yeah Samsung Mail is one of the apps I remove from my phones before they are even in use.  Just like Samsung Calendar.. 

Scholar

• 

285 Messages

5 years ago

@lizdance40 

@GLIMMERMAN76 

Hi, update! Wrote to samsung about my problem. They suggested changing my sync time in settings from 30 days to all time. So i did that and guess what? It worked! No more disappearing subfolder emails PLUS all those emails that disappeared miraculously reappeared. Don't know where in cyberspace they went to, but they are all back and each in its designated subfolder. It wasn't a glitch, just an improper setting.  I guess i will keep my crappy (is that an offensive word, but ok if you used it? 😊😊😊?) samsung email. You guys enjoy the circus. Lol

🤡🤡🤡

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.