ATTMobilityCare's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

Friday, February 17th, 2017 11:16 PM

Device Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S7 edge (SM-G935A) Android Nougat

Hello Community!

I'm pleased to also announce that Android Nougat for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7 edge has been released today (2/17/16)!

Have you been looking forward to this update? Are you ready to experience the newest iteration of Android? Sound off in the thread below.

For more information and installation instructions, please keep reading.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

7 years ago

Summary:

• Effective February 17, 2017, AT&T released a software update for the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge (SM-G935A).
  • This update will be made available to customers to download via firmware over the air (FOTA). 
  • A Wi-Fi connection is required.

Device Update/Enhancements:

• Android 7.0 Nougat
  • Network performance enhancements
  • Samsung Cloud and Samsung Pass
  • Removal of AT&T Address Book
  • Android device security updates
  • Other enhancements

New Software Specifications Details:

• Software Version: Android 7.0
  • Security Patch Level (SPL): February 1, 2017
  • Baseband Version: G935AUCU4BQA6
  • Kernel Version: 3.18.31-10280464
  • Build#: Build Number: NRD90M.G935AUCU4BQA6
  • File Size: 1.58GB or 1.64GB

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Hi, 

I just recieved an Update for my Galaxy S7 Edge and when im tryiing to install it i ended up with an error saying: "Software Update has been interrupted". 

During this update:

1) I was connected to internet.

2) My phone has enough battery.

3) My phone has more than 10GB available system storage.

So, i guess it's due to some technical issue. So, please suggest me with the possible alternatives inorder to get this update.

Thank You 

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

7 years ago

Are you sure your knox hasn't been tripped? Check that first. If it hasn't been tripped then you need to take your phone to Best Buy and have them reflash your Rom. I had the same problem with mine and they fixed it by reflashing the rom on it

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Hi, thanks for the reply. Can you please tell me how to check wheather my Knox was tripped or not? 

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

7 years ago

Boot into Galaxy S7 Download Mode in Easy Steps. Power Off your Phone Galaxy S7: Press and hold “Volume Down + Home + Power” button together for a few seconds and once you see a warning screen on the device, release ALL buttons. Press Volume UP to accept the Warning and boot into Download Mode.

at the top of your screen it will show knox warranty void. if it shows anything other then 0x0 then your warranty is tripped

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for the info. As per your instructions i Boot into Galaxy S7 Download Mode and thankfully i see only 0x0-knox warranty void and so my knox is not tripped. Know what can i do...  

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

7 years ago

The support people at Samsung told me to take my phone to best buy and have the Samsung people reflash my phone . They fixed the issue in about 5 min. Just tell them your phone will not update and your Knox status is good. Should fix your issue

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Great. To know I'll need to put out more money. I can't even change providers with out buying a new phone.

Mentor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

It doesn't work for me either. Tried factory reset, cache wipe, removed SD card. Every time, fails at 31% in recovery mode.

Of course, my local Best Buy's Samsung people were gone for the night and the tech support guy from AT&T was stumped. Way to go AT&T and Samsung.

We'll see tomorrow at Best Buy whether they can fix it. Otherwise I can't wait for the warranty discussion at the AT&T store. This shouldn't be this hard. 

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

7 years ago

They fixed my issue with no problem all they did was reflash the rom
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.