ATTMobilityCare's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

Friday, February 17th, 2017 11:15 PM

Device Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930A) Android Nougat

Hello Community!

I'm pleased to announce that Android Nougat for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7 has been released today (2/17/16)!

Are you as excited as us for the new update? Tell us more about your experience in the thread below.

For more information and installation instructions, please keep reading.

If you are wondering about an update for your device and latest OS, check out our Software Update page

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

7 years ago

Summary:

• Effective February 17, 2017, AT&T released a software update for the Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930A).
  • This update will be made available to customers to download via firmware over the air (FOTA). 
  • A Wi-Fi connection is required.

Device Update/Enhancements:

• Android 7.0 Nougat
  • Network performance enhancements
  • Samsung Cloud and Samsung Pass
  • Removal of AT&T Address Book
  • Android device security updates
  • Other enhancements

New Software Specifications Details:

• Software Version: Android 7.0
  • Security Patch Level (SPL): February 1, 2017
  • Baseband Version: G930AUCU4BQA6
  • Kernel Version: 3.18.31-10280464
  • Build#: NRD90M.G930AUCU4BQA6
  • File Size: 1.64GB

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

7 years ago

When can we expect 7.0 for s7 active

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

greatCat Very Happy

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

I am trying from 5 days, I am not getting updates. I am on ATT network, connected to wifi and fully charged.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

I'm in vegas I was wondering when my phone will get the update I have the s7 not the edge

Explorer

• 

30 Messages

7 years ago

OK, got it, now when will the Tab2 tablets be updated?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

If samsungs leaked update scedule holds true. July or August is the wifi update time frame. LTE versions depend on the carrier.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Never received it at all.  I'm on AT&T and have full charge and my phone still says "Currently Up to date" and it still has 6.0.1 on it.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

I feel like these updates are not coming. I am currently 3 versions back of Kernal Version 3.18.20-8575098.

I did not get update of Kernel version: 3.18.20-9439621, 3.18.20-943921 released on Nov 8, 2016 as per https://www.att.com/device-support/article/wireless/KM1127786/Samsung/SamsungG930A/

Looks like OTA updates might not be working for ATT properly for some devices. Can someone help to resolve this?

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@gmiryala wrote:

I feel like these updates are not coming. I am currently 3 versions back of Kernal Version 3.18.20-8575098.

I did not get update of Kernel version: 3.18.20-9439621, 3.18.20-943921 released on Nov 8, 2016 as per https://www.att.com/device-support/article/wireless/KM1127786/Samsung/SamsungG930A/

Looks like OTA updates might not be working for ATT properly for some devices. Can someone help to resolve this?

@gmiryala

take the phone to a samsung experience center inside a best buy and have them flash the most updated version they have.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.