Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Can AT&T unlock a non-AT&T phone?

Highlighted
Contributor

Can AT&T unlock a non-AT&T phone?

I was told the phone I am trying to unlock is compatible with AT&T but however, I got an email stating that you can't unlock it or provide me with an unlock code because the phone isn't AT&T. I spoke with customer service last week and she said I could unlock this device. Please let me know what you can do.
Also, I am looking into a Samsung Galaxy Note. Do they take the MicroSim or the normal size sim?
Thank you for your time I would appreciate you for emailing me back with some answers.
Your Friend and AT&T customer,
Raechel

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Raechel2016
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: question

@Raechel2016 wrote:
I was told the phone I am trying to unlock is compatible with AT&T but however, I got an email stating that you can't unlock it or provide me with an unlock code because the phone isn't AT&T. I spoke with customer service last week and she said I could unlock this device. Please let me know what you can do.
Also, I am looking into a Samsung Galaxy Note. Do they take the MicroSim or the normal size sim?
Thank you for your time I would appreciate you for emailing me back with some answers.
Your Friend and AT&T customer,
Raechel Risener.

It sounds like you are trying to unlock the phone so that you can use it on AT&T. If that is the case, then no AT&T can not unlock it. They can only unlock phones that are locked to AT&T's network, they can not unlock phones locked to some other carrier.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Can at&t unlock a cricket phone

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Sage

@4Korners wrote:

Can at&t unlock a cricket phone

No.

Cricket unlocks Cricket phones.      (Substitute any other carrier name for cricket) 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support