The Samsung Galaxy S24
Lionel's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, December 10th, 2017 3:44 AM

At&t samsung galaxy s7 edge to verizon

Just paid of my at&t samsung galaxy s7 edge and requested to have it unlocked.I got the email with unlock code and went to verizon and they put in their SIM card and entered code and it said phone has been successful unlocked. But the phone will not work and when they enter my IME NUMBER in their system it says device not in data base. I can not find anyone that can tell me what' going on. Why can't I use my at&t phone on verizon if it's unlocked?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@Anthony.Dukes wrote:

I'm not even sure if the ATT version has a CDMA radio on it to make voice calls with the Verizon network. If it does contact Verizon and give them your IMEI.  

@Anthony.Dukes @Lionel

The phone does have CDMA radios but they are software locked by ATT which phone unlocking does not remove the lock. You can take the phone to tmobile and it would work straight off..  So the phone is not going to work on verizon unless you flash the phone with verizons firmware...  You can thank samsung for shipping different model numbers of the s7 series...  They are all the SAME exact phone with different limitations programmed in by software...  The s8 is not this way.

Guru

• 

382 Messages

6 years ago

I'm not even sure if the ATT version has a CDMA radio on it to make voice calls with the Verizon network. If it does contact Verizon and give them your IMEI.  

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you for the information. Can verizon flash my phone to work on their network? Or will I have to take it to some phone Tec shop. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you for replying.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

How do you go about flashing the phone with Verizon firmware?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I want to use a att  galaxy s7 for a Verizon services

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.