The Samsung Galaxy S24
awong6687's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, March 15th, 2017 7:30 PM

App Icon Notification Badge S6 6.0.1(Marshmallow)

Hello,

I have the S6 phone and with Touch wiz launcher apps like email facebook, messages, etc have the notification badge (unread count) on them.  I find this frustrating and I cannot find a way to turn them off.  I have done several google searches and it appears you can use a custom launcher or disable the badgeprovider.  I don't really want to use custom launcher if possible and when I browse to the badgeprovider (in application manager) the disable button is unavailable to click on.

I have attached two pictures to hopefully help clarify what I am trying to do.

Does anyone know how I can disable the this feature?

Thanks,

Andrew

3 Attachments

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@awong6687 wrote:

Hello,

I have the S6 phone and with Touch wiz launcher apps like email facebook, messages, etc have the notification badge (unread count) on them.  I find this frustrating and I cannot find a way to turn them off.  I have done several google searches and it appears you can use a custom launcher or disable the badgeprovider.  I don't really want to use custom launcher if possible and when I browse to the badgeprovider (in application manager) the disable button is unavailable to click on.

I have attached two pictures to hopefully help clarify what I am trying to do.

Does anyone know how I can disable the this feature?

Thanks,

Andrew

its a built in part of touchwiz so there is no way to remove it.  Using nova launcher will get rid of it but thats about it.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Yeah that is what I figured, but wanted to ask.  The issue I have with Nova or any other launcher is it doesn't work well with the built in themes.  I know they have there own themes, but not the same.

Thanks,

Andrew

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@awong6687 wrote:

Yeah that is what I figured, but wanted to ask.  The issue I have with Nova or any other launcher is it doesn't work well with the built in themes.  I know they have there own themes, but not the same.

Thanks,

Andrew

besides the icons it works with all the rest of the screens.  I use nova on all my branded phones...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.