Explore & discover

Helpful Links

App Icon Notification Badge S6 6.0.1(Marshmallow)

Tutor

App Icon Notification Badge S6 6.0.1(Marshmallow)

Hello,

I have the S6 phone and with Touch wiz launcher apps like email facebook, messages, etc have the notification badge (unread count) on them.  I find this frustrating and I cannot find a way to turn them off.  I have done several google searches and it appears you can use a custom launcher or disable the badgeprovider.  I don't really want to use custom launcher if possible and when I browse to the badgeprovider (in application manager) the disable button is unavailable to click on.

I have attached two pictures to hopefully help clarify what I am trying to do.

Does anyone know how I can disable the this feature?

Thanks,

Andrew

Screenshot_20170315-152816.png
Screenshot_20170315-152756.png
Screenshot_20170315-153023.png
Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by awong6687
‎03-16-2017 4:14 AM

Re: App Icon Notification Badge S6 6.0.1(Marshmallow)

@awong6687 wrote:

Hello,

I have the S6 phone and with Touch wiz launcher apps like email facebook, messages, etc have the notification badge (unread count) on them.  I find this frustrating and I cannot find a way to turn them off.  I have done several google searches and it appears you can use a custom launcher or disable the badgeprovider.  I don't really want to use custom launcher if possible and when I browse to the badgeprovider (in application manager) the disable button is unavailable to click on.

I have attached two pictures to hopefully help clarify what I am trying to do.

Does anyone know how I can disable the this feature?

Thanks,

Andrew

its a built in part of touchwiz so there is no way to remove it.  Using nova launcher will get rid of it but thats about it.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Tutor

Yeah that is what I figured, but wanted to ask.  The issue I have with Nova or any other launcher is it doesn't work well with the built in themes.  I know they have there own themes, but not the same.

Thanks,

Andrew

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

@awong6687 wrote:

Yeah that is what I figured, but wanted to ask.  The issue I have with Nova or any other launcher is it doesn't work well with the built in themes.  I know they have there own themes, but not the same.

Thanks,

Andrew

besides the icons it works with all the rest of the screens.  I use nova on all my branded phones...

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support