The Samsung Galaxy S24
KronosKurve's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, August 11th, 2015 2:20 PM

Android 5.1.1 update for Galaxy S6 Edge

Hi,

Any word on when the S6 versions will be updated to 5.1.1? I could use the battery improvements to last a work day without being connected to the charger.

thanks,

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

9 years ago

Hi everyone, thanks for your posts.  Please visit AT&T Software Updates for information on the latest updates for your device!

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

9 years ago

This is unreal.. Why is it everytime a new update comes out it takes AT&T MONTHS to release it?? I'm soo ready to switch carriers. Last time it was the 5.0 update for the Galaxy S5 which took AT&T almost 2 months AFTER (Verizon, Sprint & T-Mobile) to release it. Now it's the 5.1 update for the Galaxy S6 edge... It's crazy everyother carrier released it in June and early July.... Here it is August now and we still don't have it.... There is absolutely NO EXCUSE for it to take this long...I just read today that T-Mobile just released ANOTHER update 5.1.1. Yet AT&T hasn't even released 5.1 (Let alone 5.1.1.) Over the last year AT&T is easily becoming THEE worst phone carrier in the USA.... IF EVERYONE LEAVES THEM FOR VERIZON, SPRINT OR T-MOBILE THEN JUST MAYBE AT&T WILL GET ON THE BALL... This is what I pay $250.00 a month for ???? Enough is enough already.... By the time AT&T releases 5.1.1. for the Galaxy S6 edge it's going to be winter.... No excuse AT&T for it to take this long when everyone else put the update out month(s) ago....

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there! @Rocafella83 thanks for posting your concerns. At this time we do not have a timeframe on the release of 5.1 for the Galaxy S6 Edge.

Rest assured that once this update is available, you will receive a notification on the phone that will allow you to download and install this update.

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Charise

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

I would personally like to see the update as well, but don't think negative aggression will help it come any faster.  While there are surely new features and fixes that will benefit with any software update, this should not be the sole reason for purchasing a device.  I can't speak for your phone, but I am very happy with mine.  Any update that is received is only a bonus to what I purchased as the phone was only advertised for 5.0.2.  I have been an ATT customer since 2008, while not a perfect carrier, I have had reliable service and reasonable prices during this time.  Just relax and enjoy the service and the phone for what it is worth, and when the update comes...it will be all the better.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

my phone will last 18 hours with 4 to 4.5 SOT with the att version.  Now my 920f s6 will get about the same on 5.1.1.  

As for 5.1.1 I think we will see it after Thursdays unpacked event for the note 5.

Scholar

• 

163 Messages

9 years ago

Have you checked to see which apps and/or settings are consuming your battery?  Have you ever cleared your partition cache?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Well, the Samsung Unpacked Event took place earlier and Verizon has released the 5.1.1 update for the S6, and S6 Edge. Meanwhile, waiting on At&t...

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

9 years ago

Relax and enjoy the service??? I pay for the service and I pay a pretty penny for the service might I add, my 4G-LTE speeds are sickening. How can I relax when I pay OVER $200 A MONTH for a phone that has 4 bars of service yet doesn't go higher then 4MB a second... What is AT&T's excuse for that?? "Alot of people use the tower in your area therefore the speeds go down"..... When I first signed up as a customer for AT&T I lived IN THE SAME PLACE yet my 4G-LTE speeds were OVER 30MB a second.... How do you explain that?? There is no explanation... There is a HUGE difference between speeds of over 30 mb/s down to 3 or 4 mb/s... It's VERY clear that when I first signed up as customer they wanted me and valued me but now that I'm signed into a contract they could careless about me.... I love your comment relax and enjoy the service... People like you are the reason why big companies like AT&T get away with screwing people... Like I said I pay for my service so it's not like AT&T is doing me any favors... I pay a lot and yes you can guarantee that when my contract is up I'm leaving AT&T and I will never do business with them again.. How many times did the FTC have to fine AT&T for throttling Internet speeds OR charging customers for stuff they didn't even sign up for (CRAMMING)..... How is anyone supposed to trust a company like that?? Back to the current problem.... It's August 14th and yet still no 5.1.1. update but guess what VERIZON just released their 5.1.1. update yesterday which means as usual that AT&T is the only carrier left to put out the 5.1.1. update for the Galaxy S6 edge..... On top of it the rep says they don't even know when they will release it..... How are people not supposed to be mad and upset?? So what exactly do I pay ALL this money for?? AT&T is by far the worst carrier I have ever done business with... I will repost this on my Facebook, Twitter and my online blog. People NEED to know not to do business with them or to atleast know what to expect if they do choose to do business with AT&T.....

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

AT&T is the only carrier that has not updated their S6 and S6 Edge to 5.1.1. If there is a problem let us know otherwise release the dang update already😒

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

only time will tell when this drops.  I know for samsung pay to work there has to be an OTA and ATT is a partner with that.  I will say tho marshmellow 6.0 runs good on my nexus 5

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.