Explore & discover

Helpful Links

ATT'S MISERABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE !

Contributor

ATT'S MISERABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE !

We are long-time AT&T customers.  Our account number is XXXXXXXXX
The 7 year-old, out-of-contract Samsung Infuse on XXXXX is failing to charge on an intermittent basis and I need answers to several questions: (And I HAVE replaced the battery!)

1. Do you have ANY plans for replacement phones equivalent to a Samsung S7 THAT DO NOT REQUIRE A 2 YEAR CONTRACT?  If you DO NOT have the S7 or equivalent, please advise what you DO offer (again WITHOUT a 2-year contract).

2. If I purchase outright an UNLOCKED S7 from a 3rd party, what is your charge for a SIM CARD for that phone?

3. As you will see from our billing records, neither my wife nor I use much or any data.  Do you offer a plan with a lower data usage at a saving to us?

4. If you cannot respond to this communication, IMMEDIATELY respond to me via email at XXXXXX with the separate costs to TERMINATE our current contract and pay off the S7 on which a balance is still owed.

My records indicate that, as of 8/2018, we are 20 payments through our current 24-month contract at the end of which we will have 6 more payments on her 30-month S7 contract. 

Here's where we are:
-  If you cannot offer us some relief/satisfaction based on the above recap, at the expiration of our current 24-month contract in approximately January, 2019, we shall pay off the balance on her S7 and leave AT&T for another, more responsive provider.

Awaiting what I sincerely hope is a prompt response from one of the 4 of 5 human beings still employed in your horribly misnamed "Customer Service Department" (probably located in a small un-air-conditioned shack somewhere in Morroco), I am,
Frustrated and angry soon-to-be FORMER AT&T customer,

Richard B

XXXXXX

PS: I'll soon be 79 years old and I sure don't have time to waste chatting on-line.
I need an email response to XXXXXX If you, unlike nearly everyone in the western world, do not have an email capability, respond with a text to S's phone at

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: ATT'S MISERABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE !

1) ATT did away with 2 year contracts over 2 years ago. All phones are now sold at full retail price. You can pay in full up front or pay for the phone in 24 or 30 installments called a Next plan. A Next plan is not a service contract. You can see what phones ATT offers on att.com.

2) SIM card is included but you will likely be charged a $30 upgrade fee.

3) This is a customer to customer forum, not customer support. No one can see your billing records or what plan you have. All of ATT’s plans and prices are on att.com. If you care to share what plan you have and cost, we can probably suggest something cheaper.

4) Again, this forum is not customer support. No one from ATT is going to email you. You are not on a contract, your only obligation is to pay off the balance owed on phones. Look at your last bill, it will show the balance owed.

You don’t need to wait until your Next plans are complete to leave. You can pay off the balance on phones at anytime and leave if you are not happy with ATT.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
ACE - Master

After sifting through all that screaming and histrionics, it seems like your real issue is that you want a Galaxy S 7 without a contract. As @sandblaster said, there are no more contracts with AT&T. If you want one without a commitment, you can buy an S7 without an installment plan by paying (as of this writing) $479.99 upfront. You can also buy from a third party, but make sure it's not locked or stolen and you can get a refund if you have a problem with the sale.

No one needs to contact you to tell you what the cost would be to terminate your service with AT&T. As you've shown from your post, you know how to look on the account and see how many payments you have available. You can pay that remaining balance and you're out.

You say you don't have time to sit and chat online. So why don't you just call 800-331-0500 and let them give you all this information over the phone?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4
ACE - Sage

My answers will differ slightly....

@Gunkadink wrote:

We are long-time AT&T customers.  Our account number is XXXXXXXXX
The 7 year-old, out-of-contract Samsung Infuse on XXXXX is failing to charge on an intermittent basis and I need answers to several questions: (And I HAVE replaced the battery!)

1. Do you have ANY plans for replacement phones equivalent to a Samsung S7 THAT DO NOT REQUIRE A 2 YEAR CONTRACT?  If you DO NOT have the S7 or equivalent, please advise what you DO offer (again WITHOUT a 2-year contract).

You can buy a new or used Galaxy S7 for $200-300 unlocked to ATT branded, full price, no installments.  ATT no longer has contracts.

2. If I purchase outright an UNLOCKED S7 from a 3rd party, what is your charge for a SIM CARD for that phone?

You would probably need a new SIM card as the S7 uses a nano sim.   New SIM card is $5.  There is no upgrade fee for bringing your own phone.  If you already have an S7, you just move the SIM card....no charge at all...

There is no penalty, up charge, loss of out of contract discount if you BYOD (which I have done for 4.5 years)

3. As you will see from our billing records, neither my wife nor I use much or any data.  Do you offer a plan with a lower data usage at a saving to us?

The community is customer populated, we can’t see your bill.    The current FLEX plan has a 1 gig plan and a 5 gig plan.  Line fees are $20 per phone.  https://www.att.com/plans/wireless/mobile-share-flex.html?source=EC1N0000000wdm00U&wtExtndSource=msa

4. If you cannot respond to this communication, IMMEDIATELY respond to me via email at XXXXXX with the separate costs to TERMINATE our current contract and pay off the S7 on which a balance is still owed.

My records indicate that, as of 8/2018, we are 20 payments through our current 24-month contract at the end of which we will have 6 more payments on her 30-month S7 contract. 

If your devices are out of contract, you have no contract.  

Here's where we are:
-  If you cannot offer us some relief/satisfaction based on the above recap, at the expiration of our current 24-month contract in approximately January, 2019, we shall pay off the balance on her S7 and leave AT&T for another, more responsive provider.
Well, now confused.  You are anonymous here.  We don’t know what your talking about and ATT cannot connect your post with your account.  
Awaiting what I sincerely hope is a prompt response from one of the 4 of 5 human beings still employed in your horribly misnamed "Customer Service Department" (probably located in a small un-air-conditioned shack somewhere in Morroco), I am,
Frustrated and angry soon-to-be FORMER AT&T customer,

Richard B

XXXXXX

PS: I'll soon be 79 years old and I sure don't have time to waste chatting on-line.
I need an email response to XXXXXX If you, unlike nearly everyone in the western world, do not have an email capability, respond with a text to S's phone at

ATT does not do email.   And they may not see your post.   The email is redacted, they don’t have your phone number.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support