Explore & discover

Helpful Links

3 day old samsung galaxy note 9 broken s pen

Contributor

3 day old samsung galaxy note 9 broken s pen

We recently just ordered new phones and switched our phone service to AT&T. So I've only been using my brand new Samsung galaxy note 9 for literally about 4 days and my s pen is already broken in two. The phone has never been dropped or anything of the sort. The break was not a result of any physical strain or damage. I simply pushed the button to extract the s pen from the phone to use it  like normal and when it popped out it was in two separate pieces. Samsung has always been my first choice when purchasing electronics and such. I previously has the note 8 and loved it which is what leads me to getting the note 9. I absolutely love the phone itself which is part of the reason I'm so disheartes about the s pen breaking and the phone is less than a week old. My main reason for choosing the note 9 was because of it having the s pen. Is there any way to get have the s pen repaired or replaced? I've been told it should be covered under warranty especially because the broken s pen was not caused by any improper or misuse on my behalf.  What do I need to do to get the s pen repaired or replaced so this issue resolved asap. 

Thanks in advance, 

Ashley20190228_171754.jpg

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
Associated Member
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by AshSholar28
‎02-28-2019 4:37 PM

Re: 3 day old samsung galaxy note 9 broken s pen

@AshSholar28 

In this situation I would honestly Refer you to Samsung. I'm sure they have extra Pens and should be able to cover it under warranty. As far as I know AT&T will not ship out just the pen by itself. 
In any case, It's always best to contact the manufacturer !

*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Sage

Re: 3 day old samsung galaxy note 9 broken s pen

Hate to say it, but physical damage voids any warranty.  I do suggest you contact Samsung and they can sell you a replacement.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support