The Samsung Galaxy S24
AshSholar28's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, February 28th, 2019 10:31 PM

3 day old samsung galaxy note 9 broken s pen

We recently just ordered new phones and switched our phone service to AT&T. So I've only been using my brand new Samsung galaxy note 9 for literally about 4 days and my s pen is already broken in two. The phone has never been dropped or anything of the sort. The break was not a result of any physical strain or damage. I simply pushed the button to extract the s pen from the phone to use it  like normal and when it popped out it was in two separate pieces. Samsung has always been my first choice when purchasing electronics and such. I previously has the note 8 and loved it which is what leads me to getting the note 9. I absolutely love the phone itself which is part of the reason I'm so disheartes about the s pen breaking and the phone is less than a week old. My main reason for choosing the note 9 was because of it having the s pen. Is there any way to get have the s pen repaired or replaced? I've been told it should be covered under warranty especially because the broken s pen was not caused by any improper or misuse on my behalf.  What do I need to do to get the s pen repaired or replaced so this issue resolved asap. 

Thanks in advance, 

Ashley20190228_171754.jpg

1 Attachment

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Associated Member

• 

158 Messages

5 years ago

@AshSholar28 

In this situation I would honestly Refer you to Samsung. I'm sure they have extra Pens and should be able to cover it under warranty. As far as I know AT&T will not ship out just the pen by itself. 
In any case, It's always best to contact the manufacturer !

ACE - Sage

• 

116.4K Messages

5 years ago

Hate to say it, but physical damage voids any warranty.  I do suggest you contact Samsung and they can sell you a replacement.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.