Helpful Links

unlocking galaxy s5

Contributor

unlocking galaxy s5

I have been trying to get the unlock code for my phone since before November 2016, and have gotten nowhere. I have put in at least 5 different cases with AT&T and still nothing. Each time I fill out the unlock code request online, it comes back telling me that the device is active on another persons account. Ok, so I have also contacted the person I bought the phone from and she has also filled out the request and made calls to AT&T only to get the same rejection message. So can anyone tell me how my phone can say its being used on someone elses account? I just need the unlock code so that I can switch networks!!!

Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
ACE - Guru

Re: unlocking galaxy s5

The reason that it is getting kicked back is probably because the person is either still under contract or it is on a payment plan and not fully paid off.  You should contact @ATTMobilityCare and see if they can see what is the issue.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are fellow customers. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
Contributor

It is not under contract anymore and it completely paid off.
Message 3 of 6
Professor

Have they updated the IMEI for their new device on their account or is it still their old one?

"Customers helping customers; not always successfully"
Message 4 of 6
Contributor

She said she doesn't even have the line that this phone was on anymore.

Message 5 of 6
ACE - Guru

Well I would say to contact @ATTMobilityCare and see if they can figure out what is preventing you from unlocking your device.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are fellow customers. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support