For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
GalaxyS4unlock's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Monday, August 17th, 2015 11:25 AM

unlock the bootloader of galaxy s4 i337 (why it Locked)

We the people, want to unlock the full potential of our phone. We want full control of the Bootloader, Kernel, and Rom... There's no reason to lock the bootloader, let us do what we will with the phone and train your staff to look for OS corruption to prevent people from returning the phones... When i paid full retail for my car the Ford dealer i got it from did NOT tell me what i could and couldn't do with it nor did they try to prevent it in any way. So why is it when i pay the FULL $700 for this phone OFF contract ATT can dictate what can and can not be done with this device. I am not even an ATT customer... It is my device, I should be able to do what I please with it... As a software developer I'm used to being able to do what I'd like with my hardware. This flies in the face of innovation that a phone like this is capable of. Please stop crippling innovation and Unlock the Boot loader!... I have paid the full price for my device and I have the right to full access. Please unlock our bootloader... I don't buy a Dell computer only to have them say I can't reinstall or modify Windows on the phone, so why is it ok for phones?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

for one if you paid 700 bucks for an s4 you got ripped off.  Now if your really a software dev why in the heck are you using a carrier branded phone??????  I am a dev and have 10 to 12 phones in my desk at any given time.  I have a nexus 4,5,6,7 and 9 for a reason.  Now you can make apps without needing access to the root of the phone.  android studio makes everything easy..... 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

9 years ago

The Bootloader is locked by the manufacturer, not ATT.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

All words is not mine and i am not have dev and i am not expert programmer... these words i get from internet of att users but recently i buy i337 but i not know its bootloader locked now become i know about bootloader is locked but now i and otheruser or i337 want bootloader unlocked Please help us how to unlock it

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

i am new in this field i am looking for bright future

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

9 years ago

Your first lesson:   Do not buy a carrier branded phone as you can NOT unlock the Bootloader.  

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

Well sell the phone and get a phone that you can unlock the bootloader.  Nexus devices work well for this.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Thats means i leave att network and join tmobile Ok thanks for Advice att

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

considering im not an ATT employee......   But you do what you have to.  

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks Gilmmerman76 again thank for info im really respect att and all people accros the world THanks Thanks Att for locked bootloader

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks Gilmmerman76 again thanks for info im really respect att and all people accros the world Thanks Thanks Att for locked bootloader
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.