The Samsung Galaxy S24
marseerocks's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, March 25th, 2015 2:43 AM

text messages disappearing on my Note4

I just got my Note4,...it's been working great....then all of a sudden my text messages started to disappear. First it was incomong messages, but now mine are too.... Anyone else having this problem??

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

9 years ago

With some devices, read message may default to be labeled as an "old message". I suggest you reset the message setting to the original default setting and power cycle the device. If it's still happening then it may be a device malfunction and that would be covered by the warranty.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there! We are aware an issue which may cause texts or MMS to disappear from the messaging application after opting into our AT&T Messages Backup & Sync Service. 

We are currently working with Samsung to deliver a software update to correct this behavior. Please see here for more information - Disappearing messages on Samsung smartphones with AT&T Messages Backup & Sync

Thank you for your patience as we work to resolve this issue.

Charise

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

9 years ago

Go into the messaging settings and turn off "delete old messages".

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

it's deleting recent messages, not the older messages.

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

9 years ago

Do the OS Update that released yesterday, and let us know if that resolves it.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

This is NOT the solution. The problem is with the AT&T Messages Backup option which needs to be turned off for Note 4 until the issue is resolved. Please make the response from AT&T as the solution.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.