For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
FLPatsFan12's profile

Librarian

• 

23 Messages

Friday, July 21st, 2017 11:23 AM

Samsung S8 Active

When is the release date? It should have been released by now, according to previous release dates for the active model.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

We've been being teased with rumors of the s8 active being released 'real soon' for so long now by both AT&T and Samsung that if it isn't released by August 1st I'm actually thinking of switching to the iPhone.  You can't tell me that

NO ONE at either company actually knows the exact date of its release...

If you do believe that, drop me a line because I think I have a bridge you'd be interested in !!!

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

New leaks after Monday leaks from a few hours ago via Chinese micro blog Weido w slides and summary selling featuers...still no date, i suspect a few things
1 a battery issue caught w new stricter testing meant a significant push back to launch....possible, improbable but possible given the new processes in place for battery safety after note 7 fiasco
2 they want to driv more sales to galaxy s 8 and s8+ by delay, this moves people that are or were waiting for s8 active and in need of upgrade or replacement sooner rather than later to just go w s8 s8+ or s7 active rather than continue to wait for the now way way overdue s8 active...this may be at play as the new iphone is supposedly due for a signifiact upgrade come this fall, samsung may be wanting to get as many s8 sales as they can before the apple launch
3 have a specialty new kid mid model cycle release close to the iphone
There is rumor that for some markets at least the att exclusivity may be no more or at least laster on
No real estimates, a uk site was saying for them, they hope in time for this holiday season-read Novemverish given s8 delays by couple few months, we might see late Aug or at least some announcement by early September
http://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-s8-active-specs-price-release-date-790420/

Mine is in need to be replaced asap i may have no choice but to stop waiting and get an s8 or s8+ today or tomorrow/very soon...
Trying to hold out long as i can....

The whole thing is strange, its a niche item, low volume vs the regular s8 line, i dont understand the more than a little delay, and the crazy odd silence and secrecy about this phone and its launch
If we are mere weeks away, why not open it to pre order? So odd...

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@Danbo_de_Piano wrote:
New leaks after Monday leaks from a few hours ago via Chinese micro blog Weido w slides and summary selling featuers...still no date, i suspect a few things
1 a battery issue caught w new stricter testing meant a significant push back to launch....possible, improbable but possible given the new processes in place for battery safety after note 7 fiasco
2 they want to driv more sales to galaxy s 8 and s8+ by delay, this moves people that are or were waiting for s8 active and in need of upgrade or replacement sooner rather than later to just go w s8 s8+ or s7 active rather than continue to wait for the now way way overdue s8 active...this may be at play as the new iphone is supposedly due for a signifiact upgrade come this fall, samsung may be wanting to get as many s8 sales as they can before the apple launch
3 have a specialty new kid mid model cycle release close to the iphone
There is rumor that for some markets at least the att exclusivity may be no more or at least laster on
No real estimates, a uk site was saying for them, they hope in time for this holiday season-read Novemverish given s8 delays by couple few months, we might see late Aug or at least some announcement by early September
http://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-s8-active-specs-price-release-date-790420/

Mine is in need to be replaced asap i may have no choice but to stop waiting and get an s8 or s8+ today or tomorrow/very soon...
Trying to hold out long as i can....

The whole thing is strange, its a niche item, low volume vs the regular s8 line, i dont understand the more than a little delay, and the crazy odd silence and secrecy about this phone and its launch
If we are mere weeks away, why not open it to pre order? So odd...

I think they had build quality problems with water resistance.  The s7 active had them and they did nothing about it and it cost them.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@mightymax wrote:

We've been being teased with rumors of the s8 active being released 'real soon' for so long now by both AT&T and Samsung that if it isn't released by August 1st I'm actually thinking of switching to the iPhone.  You can't tell me that

NO ONE at either company actually knows the exact date of its release...

If you do believe that, drop me a line because I think I have a bridge you'd be interested in !!!

ATT has never said the phone is even being released....  Samsung well I have no idea.  There are plenty of leaks.....  Does someone at either company know whats going on sure...  But they are not going to open there mouths to the public because they want there job.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

I don't know about conflicting, I do know that many are asking for this phone and Samsung is keeping mum.

I was hoping to pick up a gently used S7, but prices won't drop till after the S8 comes out.  

Keep an eye on CNET.  Android Authority news.  My guess is middle or end of August.  

@lizdance40

you need a s7 active @lizdance40  I am getting ready to sell 2 of them.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:

@lizdance40

you need a s7 active @lizdance40  I am getting ready to sell 2 of them.

Oooo.  Sending a PM on that...

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

*Stating that "ATT has never even said that the phone is being released" is
being a tad naive and just a wee bit gestalt,*
*don't you think? That's like me stating that ATT has also NEVER DENIED
that the phone will be released. It's all in the semantics. And unless
ATT employees sign a confidentiality agreement, they are free to disclose
whatever information they choose, be it rumor, fact or suspicion. Could
they still lose their jobs? Possibly. Could they fight to get it back?
Probably. Would they choose to take that chance? Well, I know some who
already have. It's never wise to speak for the ENTIRE population of an
entity, in my opinion.*

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

I asked about the release date of the Note 5, back in the day.  The rumored date was something like August 12.  The Rep for Samsung at the Experience Desk, still would not confirm or deny the date.  

If the rule is "keep your trap shut" then that is what should happen.

Now I'll go back to yelling "hurry up!" at the microwave, and emailing birthday greetings because no one uses snail mail any more.  (Patience is not what it used to be)

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@mightymax wrote:
*Stating that "ATT has never even said that the phone is being released" is
being a tad naive and just a wee bit gestalt,*
*don't you think? That's like me stating that ATT has also NEVER DENIED
that the phone will be released. It's all in the semantics. And unless
ATT employees sign a confidentiality agreement, they are free to disclose
whatever information they choose, be it rumor, fact or suspicion. Could
they still lose their jobs? Possibly. Could they fight to get it back?
Probably. Would they choose to take that chance? Well, I know some who
already have. It's never wise to speak for the ENTIRE population of an
entity, in my opinion.*

I do know the people in the departments that handle new devices do sign nda's

Librarian

• 

23 Messages

7 years ago

https://www.cnet.com/news/galaxy-s8-active-att-promotion/   Now we're getting somewhere. Thanks for the help AT&T. Samsung is holding us back.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.