For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
mummyof2's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, July 17th, 2015 3:01 PM

dropped calls and losing service

Why do I keep losing service/dropping calls with every outgoing call it's not my location it happens where ever I am. It will not let me call out even to customer service or 611. It also will go straight to voicemail when someone calls me, but low and behold I cant even call my voicemail. This is ridiculous and has been happening for almost 2 weeks. What if I have an emergency and need to call out or someone is trying to reach me, that's the whole point of my cell phone. Please help I'm very unhappy! I have a galaxy note 2

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Administrator

• 

873 Messages

8 years ago

Learn how we can we can help you resolve network issues at About dropped calls and wireless network issues.

Ambassador

• 

518 Messages

9 years ago

@mummyof2 wrote:
Why do I keep losing service/dropping calls with every outgoing call it's not my location it happens where ever I am. It will not let me call out even to customer service or 611. It also will go straight to voicemail when someone calls me, but low and behold I cant even call my voicemail. This is ridiculous and has been happening for almost 2 weeks. What if I have an emergency and need to call out or someone is trying to reach me, that's the whole point of my cell phone. Please help I'm very unhappy! I have a galaxy note 2

Hi @mummyof2,

Thank you for your post. We're happy to help. Were there any changes to your device when this started happening? Do you have your device in Airplane Mode? Please check to see if you're running the most current software version through Settings>About device>Software update>Check for updates. Are you hearing a recording when you try to make a call? Check in Settings>Call settings>Additional settings>Call barring>verfiy that All outgoing calls is unchecked. Also, make sure that your SIM card is inserted correctly and not damaged. We have some additional steps to try. First let's try a Soft Reset by removing your battery for 2-3 minutes. This will re-optimize your device. You may also try running your device in Safe Mode for 2-3 hours: http://bit.ly/1vkcs06 . This will only run stock applications to see if any third party apps are causing this. Let us know if you still need assistance!

Thanks, 

Ema with Samsung Support

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

8 years ago

I don't know where you get your numbers from but i have 10 times more dropped calls since LTE came out than ever before.  Your system is getting worse.  I have had your service for 18 years

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.