For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
sri4sg3's profile

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

Sunday, August 2nd, 2015 12:39 AM

bootloader unlock

Hi please let me know how to root my phone as I have paid the Phone in Full.3

I know that AT&T has put a lock to bootloader.

Specs: S5 stock lollipop.

I have received unlock code from AT&T.

Thanks

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

I'm on the next plan, I was talking to the AT&T rep regaring rooting my phone, she said if I pay the installments in full, they will let me root the phone,  so I made the payment of $360 and called them again, this time a new rep says sorry we dont assist you with rooting the phone.

I realized now that I can't root my phone, I should have never bought S5 from At&t, as everyone know the full retail price of s5/s6 is almost $100 more when compared to other carriers.

-SSS

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

nah the s5 was the same price on all carriers.  The note 4 started the different carriers charging differerent prices.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

9 years ago

@sri4sg3

Here's the thing, if you didn't know the difference between carrier unlocking and Bootloader unlocking, and didn't know that NO CARRIER can help you root your phone, which breaks every agreement for using the software, you probably have no business even trying to root the device.

If you want a phone you can modify to your hearts content, this was probably not the phone to get.

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

I hate to ask what is probably a simpleton question, but what the heck is a bootloader, locked or not?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

9 years ago

Copied.... 

literal terms, bootloader is code that is executed before any Operating System starts to run. The concept of bootloaders is universal to virtually all Operating systems that inculcates operating systems on your PC, laptop, smartphones, and other such devices. Bootloaders basically package the instructions to boot operating system kernel and most of them also have their own debugging or modification environment. As the bootloader kicks off before any piece of software on your device, it makes it extremely processor specific and every motherboard has it’s own bootloader. This is one reason that all Android phones have different Custom ROMS developed due to high variance of processing hardware present on the device. The iDevices running iOS somewhat share the same hardware specs and hence you don’t see much variance in their bootloaders.

the explanation is just a little too tech for my taste.  

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

Copied.... 

the explanation is just a little too tech for my taste.  

Okay, so it is basicaly the same thing as the cmos or bios is on a desktop computer.!  GOT it, and thanks!

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Here is a thought. If we have AT&T phones that we now own out right can we simply tell AT&T that we are giving back their software or that we no longer want their software?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

That's not going to happen but it's an idea

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I would hate to take something that is not mine

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

That's the worst answer you could ever give "the phone is ours but not the software" sigh, its as if your saying your hand did a crime but not your body totally fooliness. The software is apart of the phone so if we full purchase the phone then we should be the owner completely but i would understand if the customer didn't fully pay for the phone then you could say you still have apart on the phone 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.