Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Will AT&T network (specifically LTE)- work with Samsung Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915G

Contributor

Will AT&T network (specifically LTE)- work with Samsung Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915G

Hi all! I had ordered a phone which hasn't shipped yet, I was wondering if someone could offer me some help/advice/information on whether or not it (AT&T's network) will support it's specs, which I'm pretty sure it does when trying to match the right 'band' info- but realistically I have no real knowledge on the subject nor what those various bands and numbers mean. Since the device I waited a long time for upgrade has since long became an "older" model, and issues trying to work with AT&T- Since Samsung stopped producing them (the last of the options for the removeable/changeable battery and memory card) my last options were to buy Samsung brand factory/carrier unlocked or no-carrier specific (everything's legit and all) but I just wanted to ask someone who knows better than I as although I (think) I matched the info correctly, but I really just don't want to risk it. Not sure if it makes any difference, but just in case, I live/get service in NY (USA).

PHONE MAKE/MODEL- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge (White, 32GB) SM-N915G
SPECS:
Network
-Technology
GSM / HSPA / LTE

-2G bands GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900

-3G bands HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100

-HSPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100

-4G bands LTE B1(2100), B2(1900), B3(1800), B4(AWS), B5(850), B7(2600), B8(900), B12(700), B17(700), B18(800), B19(800), B20(800), B26(800)

-Speed HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps

-GPRS Yes

-EDGE Yes

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

This Phone will NOT work with CDMA Companies
NO Funcionará con compañias CDMA.
This is a GSM Phone.
Ready To Be Used Worldwide.
Message 1 of 13
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎01-27-2016 8:26 PM

Re: Will AT&T network (specifically LTE)- work w/this phone?? URGENT much appreciated

it will work just fine.,

but hdvoice and wifi calling(when released) will not work since its not ATT branded.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (2)
Message 2 of 13
Contributor

Re: Will AT&T network (specifically LTE)- work w/this phone?? URGENT much appreciated

Oh thank goodness! Thank you so much for your quick response! It's very much appreciated!! I thought I had macthed the numbers I've seen you post on others for other android/samsung AT&T devices, but I really had no idea what they meant just looked like a bunch of jumbled up random numbers to me, and figured I'd ask in case I had gotten anything mixed up or confused.

Thanks a million! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 13
ACE - Expert

enjoy the phone.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 13
Teacher

Re: Will AT&T network (specifically LTE)- work with Samsung Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915G

It should work just fine, but in respect to wifi calling as i was told by att rep its only available for the iphones. or on TMobile network

Message 5 of 13
ACE - Expert

Re: Will AT&T network (specifically LTE)- work with Samsung Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915G

mlbp1963 wrote:

It should work just fine, but in respect to wifi calling as i was told by att rep its only available for the iphones. or on TMobile network

hence why I said when released....

Message 6 of 13
Teacher

Re: Will AT

At least that's what I was told, but u know how it is there is a crazy difference and sometimes misleading info from one rep to another call them again
Message 7 of 13
Contributor

did you get your Note Edge (N915G) and are you getting 4G on AT&T in the US? I have the same phone on AT&T and have had a number of problems including only getting H+ (instead of 4G) and it will randomly ask me to reinsert the SIM. The SIM has never been removed. I have to reboot which is annoying.

Message 8 of 13
ACE - Professor

@nolagirl Strongly suggest getting a new SIM, which should help the phone re-provision, and hopefully solve your LTE issues.

You could flush your cache partition too, wouldn't hurt, but I think you're definitely in line for a new SIM, first.

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as "accept-solution", and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). FYI: I'm an AT&T end-user, just like most of us in the forum. Thanks.

Message 9 of 13
Contributor

Thanks pgrey, how do I flush my cache partition? I will get a new SIM as well. Appreciate the help.

Message 10 of 13
ACE - Expert

@nolagirl

my guess why your seeing only H and not LTE is the att system thinks your phone is 3g only since its a non ATT build.

The phone is missing band 12 and 17.

LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 28(700) - SM-N915G

Message 11 of 13
Contributor

What?

it's always something with your company.

Bad reception why I ask, you all have the money 'BUT' make us happy! & what we pay you every month.....add's up big time !

So the problem Im having is I have Spotify = can not down load more song's need'ed for my road trips ...when out of signal rang  (it happen's a lot)

can you help me in this matter ? Hope so....

Spoiler

Spoiler

Message 12 of 13
Scholar

@Brookster21

Why dig up a 2 year old thread to ask a totally unrelated question?

Try re-posting a new thread, explaining what exactly you're having problems with.

Include what phone you have and what you are trying to do.  Most of us here are other phone users.  AT&T people come in here to help, but they need a better picture of the problem.

I can guess what might be the problem - and if you are out of the service area where you lose data, then you can't stream anything... that just the way it is and would be the same with any phone - but again, that's just a guess.  What can be done about it?  Stop going out of range.

Message 13 of 13
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support