For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
thepicky1's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Sunday, August 3rd, 2014 9:50 PM

Wi-fi hasn't worked since the 4.4.2 Samsung upgrade

Hi

Ever since the latest Samsung 4.4.2 (Kit Kat) update my wi-fi hasn't worked.  Anyone else have this problem, is there a solution?  The icon that used to display at the top left of the screen is no longer there but Wi-fi has been selected and is "on". Please advise, thanks.

** note ** I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 (SGH-1747)

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello thepicky1,

Does this happen at one particular wi-fi hotspot or does it occur everywhere?

You can try resetting your router to see if that helps. Make sure to go to your wi-fi settings and reconnect to the network.

Besides the update, did you perhaps download any other files or apps around the same time?

Try a Soft Reset of the device: remove the battery for 2 minutes, re-insert and see if it helps.

Try booting up the device in Safe Mode - http://bit.ly/1sdjj8Q  This will turn off any 3rd party apps to help determine if they might be causing the problem.

Please let us know if you need more help.

Thank you,

AT&T Community Management Team

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

I do not have any issue after Samsung's updated!!
Check your WiFi router.Unplug and reset it.
It may help.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Hi

Thanks for responding so quickly.  It was happening everywhere not just at home.  I did a soft reset overnight then reset the router and it's working now.  Thanks again for your assistance Smiley Happy

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Awesome! Thank you for letting us know:)

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Hey I'm having a similar problem after updating my mega sgh i527 ota 4.4.2 in October 2014. My problem is that the wifi wont turn on, PERIOD! Now I'm seeing another upgrade in December 2014 which is ota via wifi but as stated my wifi wont even turn of to see that fixes the problem. Any info on how I can get the upgrade  without wifi to see if that fixes my problem or am I stuck with an expensive paper weight?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.