The Samsung Galaxy S24
llh133's profile

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

Friday, December 15th, 2017 7:40 AM

Wi-fi calling effects on Samsung S7

The recent update to my Samsung S7 added wi-fi calling. I enabled it and saw an immediate major drain on my battery life so I disabled it. Now I get constant notifications to turn it on. How do I stop the battery drain if I turn it on or how do I stop the notifications until such time as want to enable it again?

ACE - Guru

• 

987 Messages

6 years ago

I also started receiving the notifications, but then suddenly they stopped.

Try and delete the cache partition to try and sort out the battery drain issues.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key, Home key, and Power key at the same time.
  3. When the phone powers on, the Android System Recovery screen appears approx. 30 seconds later.
  4. Release all of the keys.
  5. Press the Volume down key to highlight "wipe cache partition."
  6. Press the Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight “yes” and press thePower key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks. Like you I also found that the notification stopped. Your cache suggestion was a good idea anyway. I'm really good about doing it on my Samsung tablet which is low on space and 3 years old but a reminder to do it with the phone too was a good push to get it done.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Wiping the cache did not help for me.

Any other suggestions?

ACE - Guru

• 

987 Messages

6 years ago

Try and disable enhanced LTE services under connections, mobile networks.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Update...

without making any changes, I have left and returned to wifi twice now and I haven't gotten the notification.  It may be that mine has resolved on its own like the poster above.   That said, if it does rear its ugly  head again, I'll try disabling Enhanced LTE Services at RhodesMan's suggestion.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.