The Samsung Galaxy S24
MightyMuss's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, August 20th, 2016 8:43 PM

Why is AT&T modifying the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Packaging?

I bought a Note 4 via AT&T over a year and a half ago, and to my extreme disappointment AT&T not only replaced the sweet original packaging from Samsung with flimsy cardboard packaging, but also modified the contents (I never received the headphones). 

I spent endless hours trying to get to the right rep and get to the bottom of what happened, but in vain. Apparently this is what AT&T does. 

I went in to a BestBuy yesterday (August 19th) to pick up the Note 7 I preordered.

I was the first in line at the store, and everyone else got theirs except me (Sprint, Verizon and Tmobile were all on time). 

So I went in today again, and not only was the Onyx phone not available, they had one in Coral available. 

I was disappointed again to find that AT&T had struck again.

Everyone else had these sweet premium Samsung boxes... except for AT&T phones.

Crappy blue and orange flimsy cardboard boxes... this is a disgrace!

Why is AT&T doing this?

Is anyone's contents missing?

If Im paying close to $1000 for a premium phone, I want to be the first one to pop that cherry and take the plastic off... dont even get the pleasure of doing that cuz they change the plastic as well!? WHY?!

And the bloatware!!!

Why is Samsing even allowing this?! 

Im definitely canceling my pre-order Samsing. 

Definitely moving to another carrier as well.

Until then, does anyone know if and when the Note 7 can be had factory unlocked and free from AT&T tampering?

Apparently the current unlocked phones from abroad wont support Samsung pay in the US?

Thanks in advance.

20160820_113108.jpgNonsense. Wheres what I paid for?

1 Attachment

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

Because it is a CARRIER BRANDED device. When you purchase a carrier branded phone it is specifically targeted for that carrier. Which means packaging, applications, software is set and catered to that carrier.

Nowhere is it implied that you will get the unlocked packaging on a branded phone.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile are carrier branded as well. They all retain and retail using original packaging, and you know what, their branding definitely is more attractive than AT&T's if it means AT&T will be taking my headphones, like they did in the case of the Note 4. 

AT&T is the only carrier that does this, and it is unacceptable.

I paid for that box - why cant AT&T retain the original box, and put it inside their dingy packaging.

And David, if this is "branding", AT&T is doing a horrendous job - Third class marketing/branding on a premium, first class product. 

Its stealing, thats what it is. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

You paid for a phone not the packaging. Samsung made these boxes to att specs the phones in the box are packaged at a Samsung facility. Verizon also does this from time to time. Don't like it switch carriers. Or wait 1 to 2 months for the unlocked us version

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

you are incorrect, tmobile and verzion have the orignal samsung boxes. so that a load of .....

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

It's the same type of box my note 3 and 4 came in, except they were white and orange.  Earbuds were not included with those phones either.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.