The Samsung Galaxy S24
ej101671's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, October 20th, 2017 4:32 AM

Why can't google apps be moved to the SD card?

I have a Samsung Galaxy Express 3 phone and it was recently reset to factory defaults because of the constant lack of memory messages popping up every time I tried to view a photo or update an app. After resetting it to factory defaults it automatically updates the OS and google services. After the required updates I found google services hogging up over 4GB of memory before I had installed anything Myself on the phone. When I try to move google services to SD the option is not even available... Why? If this problem doesn't have a real solution then what can I do? Many other people are having the same problem and the only advice has been to reset to factory default but this doesn't resolve the issue. HELP.... Real Help would be appreciated.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

Well Google does not like SD cards.   Android os will take up about 4gb.  Most apps won't run on SD cards either thats up to the app devs.

Guru

• 

382 Messages

7 years ago

From my understanding, app developers won't allow you to use an SD card to run the app.  This is probably due to performance and security considerations.  There's no way around it because it's coded that way.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.