The Samsung Galaxy S24
jorgesan18's profile

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

Thursday, May 28th, 2015 7:06 AM

Which version of Galaxy S6 works better with At&t G920I or G920F?

Which version of Galaxy S6 works better with At&t G920I or G920F?

I heard that the bands are way different so before purchasing anything I will like to hear if there is anyone having already an unlocked galaxy s6 working properly with At&t?

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

9 years ago

thanks man you are the best!

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

Hi there,

I ordered the same phone for the exact same seller, however I am having problems getting LTE on my phone. I took it to At&t twice. The first time the guy said it just worked with 4G and the 2nd time the guy working there said my phone was fake, which I'm sure its not. 
Just wondering how you set your APN to get LTE on the G920i model

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

what phone did you have before?

You may not have LTE on your profile for the phone.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

9 years ago

Well the problem its that AT&T cannot validate/activate the imei in those (i) versions.  Even when I got the LTE symbol I was not getting the speeds that I should of. So what I recommend it's to call ATT and give then an imei from another android phone that really supports LTE and then just insert your sim card in your new g920i. 
Try this APN settings:

Name: ATT Nextgenphone

APN: nxtgenphone

Proxy,  Port,  username and password.  all of those: not set

Mmsc: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net

Multimedia port message: 80

Mcc: 310

Mnc: 410

Authentication type: not set

APN type: default,mms,supl,fota,hipri

APN protocol: ipv4

Bearer : unspecified 

Good luck

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

previously I had a nexus 5, which had LTE. I switched my sim card into a Moto X, and it had LTE, but when I put it back into my Galaxy 6, it didn't work. The APN has the same configuration as well. 
Not sure what else to check. I've been reading other forums, and a lot of people said the G920F model works better than the G920i in the U.S. and Europe. Is this true?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

what symbols are showing up for your data?  Is it a H or 4g?  920i shows 4g as LTE and 920f shows LTE as LTE.

This is from the manual

s6.PNG

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

9 years ago

Well both should work just fine according to the specs they have the right bands for At&t but from my personal experience since I had very slow data speeds with my G920i even after gettting the LTE symbol next to the signal bars (I was under 5mbps)  I decided to send the (i) version back and get the (f) version instead, when I got the new phone then I just pop my sim card and it has been working with the right data speeds ever since.  

I do feel the (f) version a bit slower (maybe its just me) 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

Yeah, it says 4G, but it doesn't seem as fast as it should be. Every time I do the speed test, it normally is around 1-10mps in San Francisco, which doesn't seem right. I'm thinking about returning it and getting the F model. Still don't understand why the speeds are so slow if they specs are the same. I put my sim card into another android and got LTE, with usually 20+ mps, but in the S6 its normally way slower. My sim is fine, APN is set correctly, just the speeds are really slow, so I'm not sure anymore.

The reason I bought the unlocked version is because I plan to spend the next 4 months in the UK/Europe. Is the F model better for those regions as well? 

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

9 years ago

Well the unlocked F version its for Europe but works in the US great and also in south America, the I version was release for Americas as region specific unlocked but for my experience doesnt work as well as the F in the US.

In case you still doubt if it will work on Europe then you can go to:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mobile_network_operators_of_Europe

Find the city where you are going to be staying at and check the providers and their bands and compare then with specs in the F version :  http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1147139-REG/samsung_g920f_32gb_blk_galaxy_s6_g920f_32gb.html

Hopefully this can help you.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

Its interesting the 920i runs at half speed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.