For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
KronosKurve's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, August 11th, 2015 2:20 PM

Android 5.1.1 update for Galaxy S6 Edge

Hi,

Any word on when the S6 versions will be updated to 5.1.1? I could use the battery improvements to last a work day without being connected to the charger.

thanks,

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

I'm still waiting for the 5.1.1 as well. i just switched from T-mobile and now find out the issues ATT is having with these updates and no comments from them at all. HEY ATT!!!! guess ill root my phone and get it that way because you wont give us an ETA or any information at all. And if it is true that they in essence force you to go to another phone to get the extra features I will be leaving them and taking my rooted S6 edge with me. Communication is key.......as a tellecommonucation company you think they would grasp that. Anyway if you want to root your device and break the chains follow the link below! 

{Inappropriate content removed}

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

FYI ping-pong does not work for newer updated phones of3 and of4

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

You are correct, I should of added this, thank you for the clarification. I do know thought that they are adding those models soon and should be available to root. Also there are other ways to root the device but Ping Pong is the one I personally trust the most. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I also agree that this wait is insane. I personally want 5.1.1 so it can fix the memory leak issue. The reason it is taking so long is so they can add all of the B-S bloat apps on the and even remove some of the Samsung apps. It is insane. Every other carrier has it but nope, not AT&T. Samsung and Google need to team up and tell the carriers to stop screwing with the software and release it to the consumers already. They need to do what Apple does and control updates and patches and not let AT&T and the others screw it all up with the crap the force on you.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I'd also like to chime in on this conversation because I too am gravely disappointed about how the New Mobile Market and how carriers treat product & software release cycles. It used to be that MSP's were judged on how fast they were and how many bars you had because your friend next to you couldn't get a signal. Now companies (even Google) could care less about fixing what's broken, instead giving into building something New and Shinier that Cost More Money for someone else to buy using old technology.

These pain points are not beging raised with your product team Charise. You (or your management) honestly believe giving a generic hotkey response to (what I agree to be valid concerns of members) will sway this crime you guys are commiting and getting away with? I'd much rather prefer that our Montly Wireless Subscription fees pay for exactly what every member wants implemented and not to these useless AT&T Engineers salaries (or Board Members decisions) for unwanted software updates and not the fix we all need supposivly (which is Android 5.1.1). 

Having said the above, I'd much rather prefer getting my money back and getting a new device outright that's not from AT&T. That has not been offered, so at the mercy of software release schedules even though I've paid and paying your company.

For troubleshooting I've performed:

1. Countless FDR's
  2. Uninstalled/Reinstalled All Apps - Each 1x
  3. Third party launchers (currently using with minor improvement)
  4. Minor whitebox testing
  5. Cleared Dalvick - Memory/OS

Current Issues:

1. Overheating - Typically when using Waze and driving (Possibly related to constant Wifi searching for hotspots, Bluetooth confusion, or constant factoring of location).
  2. Freezing - can be caused by overheating
  3. Slow transitions of background / foreground windows
  4. Fingerprint reader - Can sometimes error and lock me out of device
  5. Battery Drain - caused by memory leak and will always be due to current system running processes
  6. To many others to list

So I've taken the time to list my feedback, and purchased a device that doesn't work as expected. We all need a resolution with this problem that's been ongoing for months. What can you do to assure us these issues will be fixed?

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

9 years ago

I'm glad other people are also speaking up... Do you hear the answer that was provided for us??? If you even call that a answer... I'm so beyond fed up with AT&T... I've never been treated so horribly by a company LET ALONE ONE I PAY OVER $200 A MONTH TO... I also want a refund and to turn back over this phone that has done nothing but caused me problems day in and day out. Sadly AT&T NOR the woman who responded for them care.... I can't believe that there is no 5.1.1. yet they are already talking about how 6.0 will be coming out in the next few months and AT&T can't even get 5.1.1. out EVEN SPRINT released it like a month ago and already released another update that includes features the Galaxy S6 edge+ has, I guess we won't get those features until around January 2016... How is there still no fix/update for the memory/RAM problem this phone is plagued with?? Or how the fingerprint scanner is good for nothing? Or how the battery drains so fast?? OR how we are missing camera features other S6/S6 edges have (exposure slider, ability to take RAW photos, YouTube live broadcast, etc...) my camera still can't even focus properly... OR should I go on?!? Problem after problem after problem but no fixes... yet it's funny how quick AT&T is to put out updates that do nothing but add their bloatware and junk on the phone.... This is unacceptable and WE HAVE ALL HAD ENOUGH..... How do you AT&T employees, executives and tech people sleep at night? Carriers should not be allowed to toy with the phones.... What's sad is that we all voice our opinions and they could careless... Nothing will change.... I'm going to start a campaign about how nobody should do business with AT&T anymore and I'm going to make it my mission in life to spread the word on how horrible of a company this is.... Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, Word of mouth it's time the truth comes out and I don't care if I have to stand outside AT&T's stores and tell EVERY person walking in to turn around and think twice about doing business with them or else they are going to face the lists and lists of problems we all have dealt with.... It's not even just S6/S6 edges, I have friend's with S3's, S4's, S5's and they ALL have issues with their phones that AT&T doesn't care about correcting.... they just tell them buy a new phone which foolishly I did when I purchased this S6 edge and what changed NOTHING just more, new problems and a higher bill..... It's truly disgusting.... Do me a favor AT&T I will give you this Galaxy S6 edge back and just give me money back and let's part ways because I've had enough (I've had enough 4 months ago)...... Or you can easily just give us another aimless answer acting like you even care then forget about us again which I'm sure is going to happen... I'm proud of you other guys for speaking up.... Spread the word because enough is enough.....

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

I also waiting a Galaxy S6 Active Andoid 5.1.1 update with Galaxy Note5's  new touchwiz UI

Mentor

• 

101 Messages

9 years ago

Actually, touchwiz has nothing to do with. The new phones have basically the same version of touchwiz as the GS6 and GS6 edge, and they come with 5.1.1 pre-loaded. You're just finding excuses for AT&T. Maybe you're on their payroll....lol

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

@tben01 wrote:

Actually, touchwiz has nothing to do with. The new phones have basically the same version of touchwiz as the GS6 and GS6 edge, and they come with 5.1.1 pre-loaded. You're just finding excuses for AT&T. Maybe you're on their payroll....lol

actually the note 5 does not have the same version of touchwiz as the version on it is built for the note series.

Everyone thinks 5.1.1 is going to be the be all fix for some reason.  I have it on my s6 920f and besides the camera stuff there is no change to bat life for me.  Also the aggressive ram managment is still on the device.

Mentor

• 

101 Messages

9 years ago

don't know why people are always quick to criticize touchwiz and still buy Samsung phones. I like touchwiz...YEAH I SAID IT!!! I think it brings a lot to Samsung phones, things that other phones don't have. If you hate it that much, don't buy any Samsung phones. It's that simple.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.