Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Visual Voicemail for S8

Highlighted
Contributor

Visual Voicemail for S8

When will visual voicemail be available for the S8? Currently, the play store says the current app is incompatible with the S8.

Message 1 of 47
ACE - Expert

Re: Visual Voicemail for S8

d.charles wrote:

When will visual voicemail be available for the S8? Currently, the play store says the current app is incompatible with the S8.

@d.charles

its built into the dialer now....  But I was able to download this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.att.mobile.android.vvm&feature=related_apps#?t=W10

It works on my s8+ like it should.  No voice transcription but it does work.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 47
Teacher

So they added more steps. Used to just chose the VVM icon. Now you have to select the phone icon, then the voicemail icon.  Would like to just have it displayed as a single icon with the number in the top right corner informing me of how many messages I have versus opening the phone app.  Is there a way to change this?  I am already disappointed with some of the S8 "missing" features from the S7.

Message 3 of 47
ACE - Expert

@LisaV42

its in your dialer....

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 47
Teacher

Yep. See it. Just wish I could move it.  Thanks!

Message 5 of 47
ACE - Expert

LisaV42 wrote:

So they added more steps. Used to just chose the VVM icon. Now you have to select the phone icon, then the voicemail icon.  Would like to just have it displayed as a single icon with the number in the top right corner informing me of how many messages I have versus opening the phone app.  Is there a way to change this?  I am already disappointed with some of the S8 "missing" features from the S7.

@LisaV42

the s7 update change it to that area also...

Message 6 of 47
ACE - Expert

I do have the app from the play store on my phone but I transferred my apps from my pixel XL.

Screenshot_20170509-200420.jpg
Message 7 of 47
Tutor

What about voice transcription? The old VVM had it - why is this a step backwards?

Message 8 of 47
ACE - Expert

Hank42 wrote:

What about voice transcription? The old VVM had it - why is this a step backwards?

@Hank42

because samsung dictated ATT has to use there built in app which does not do transcription

Message 9 of 47
Tutor

Hmm...As much as I like the S8, I'll gladly return it and hang onto my S5. Who actually listens to voicemail these days?  

Why are we taking steps backwards?

Message 10 of 47
ACE - Expert

Hank42 wrote:

Hmm...As much as I like the S8, I'll gladly return it and hang onto my S5. Who actually listens to voicemail these days?  

Why are we taking steps backwards?

if you can find this apk you could side load it.  Its working on my S8+ but I copied all my stuff from my pixel xl.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.att.mobile.android.vvm&hl=en&rdid=com.att.mobile.a...

Message 11 of 47
Tutor

Thanks 

Message 12 of 47
Contributor

Just switched from Windows since AT&T no longer supports or offers windows phones. Got the new S8+. Visual Voicemail was not working. (By the way, "Visual by nature means that it transcribes the message into text!) I spent 30 minutes with tech support and after trying several things the guy comes back and says "Oh the S8+ does not support Visual Voicemail"! So I look at my bill and see that I am being charged for VVM. Most if not all of the Apps on the Play Store require payment for premium services. How could this be? Any suggestions?

Message 13 of 47
ACE - Expert

Haredog wrote:

Just switched from Windows since AT&T no longer supports or offers windows phones. Got the new S8+. Visual Voicemail was not working. (By the way, "Visual by nature means that it transcribes the message into text!) I spent 30 minutes with tech support and after trying several things the guy comes back and says "Oh the S8+ does not support Visual Voicemail"! So I look at my bill and see that I am being charged for VVM. Most if not all of the Apps on the Play Store require payment for premium services. How could this be? Any suggestions?

read what I posted below....

Message 14 of 47
Teacher
Solution
Accepted by Administrator (Administrator)
Accepted by davidbk
‎09-20-2017 9:43 AM

Hey, I just switched from the Apple Iphone to the Galaxy 8+. I had visual voicemail issues too, but I was lucky enough to get connected to a very knowledge rep at AT&T. Visual Voicemail (VVM) does work perfectly on the S8 and S8+, but a couple of things have to be in place first:

1. No other software on the phone that can can interfere with the VVM on the phone (activated from the VM icon on the bottom left of the dialer)
  2. If you are switching from another phone, your IMEI has to be updated on ALL of AT&T systems for VVM to work properly. This was my problem from the beginning, but other reps didn't know. I was told my account was noted of the change, but on one of the systems, the IMEI wasn't changed. Once that was done, it worked like a charm!

Hope this helps!

Message 15 of 47
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support