The Samsung Galaxy S24
mooky9669's profile

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

Sunday, November 30th, 2014 7:23 PM

Update KitKat 4.4.4 Galaxy S4 Intelligence service error

Ever since I did the updat to KitKat 4.4.4, I now get an error that says, UNFORTUNATELY INTELLIGENCE SERVICE HAS STOPPED, when I restart my phone. I have Googled this question and haven't found any sites with answers. Anyone know a fix for this or even what this service is? Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Ambassador

• 

518 Messages

9 years ago

mooky9669,

Thanks for your inquiry. We apologize for the frustration. If you have tried Safe Mode and still experience this, then the next options would be a factory reset or a re-flash of the device.

You can back up the phone with Kies - http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/

Thanks,

Samsung Support ^Ace

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Yup. Same here.

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

9 years ago

I wish I didn't do the update. Only reason I did was because I thought it would include the new dialer. Still have no idea what the intelligence sevice is. Took me a while to get my contacts loaded after update. It froze up when trying to load them. I finally was able to import them. Don't even remember what I did, but it worked.

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

9 years ago

Try uninstalling google play services. The version you have installed doesn't match the version expected by something else installed on the system.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s4/442383-why-am-i-getting-error-message-my-samsung-galaxy-s4-unfortunately-process-com-google-process-location-has-stopped.html

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

9 years ago

How do I do that? What happens when I do, will it install the previous version?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

go into setting then apps then goto all apps in the tab.  Find google play services and tell it to uninstall updates.

It wont hurt the app but if your using hangouts or google + it will tell you your out of date.

Its a samsung bug with the way they do updates.

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

9 years ago

Just figured out how to do it.  Restarted phone and same error. Now what? Google services didn't show up anymore, so I was able to redownload it. Figured it didn't matter If I did cause I still got the same error after uninstalling updates...

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

if that does not work and thats the last thing to do.  You will have to backup data and factory reset the phone.

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

9 years ago

Weird thing is that regardless of error, phone seems to work as normal...

Ambassador

• 

518 Messages

9 years ago

Hi mooky9669, 

Thanks,  for reaching out. We apologize for the inconvenience. It looks like you were already getting some help. To avoid repetition can you please tell us all the trouble shooting steps that you have already tried? ^Jake 

Samsung Support

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.