The Samsung Galaxy S24
dreamxoxo's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, February 17th, 2015 5:01 AM

Unlock request denied even though requirements were met. why?

Hi, i submitted a unlock request for my samsung galaxy phone. Despite the fact of meeting the General Requirements to unlock. I recieved a email from AT&T customer service indicating its denied. I spoke with an AT&T customer representative and they were not able to do anything.

Had this phone for over 3 years and am using a prepaid service that runs on the AT&T network .  Am wondering why this request has been denied?

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

9 years ago

You say you are using it on a pre-paid service now. How long have you been using this phone on you rpre-paid account? If the phone has been associated with your account for too short a period of time, it will not qualify for unlocking. Even if you've had the phone for many years, and have met the conditions for unlocking under an older account, if you've recently moved it to this prepaid account, that could explain why it would be rejected. As customers, we don't have access to your specific information to tell you why your request was rejected.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I had use the same prepaid service for 3 years. 

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

9 years ago

Doing some research on the "unlock request " I found this: " Importante:
AT&T se reserva el derecho de rechazar cualquier solicitud de desbloqueo que considere que podría violar esta política o que forme parte de un intento de defraudar a AT&T o a sus clientes. AT&T además se reserva el derecho de modificar esta política de desbloqueo a su criterio y sin previo aviso.". Which translates to "at&t can deny any requests that can violate the policy (bla bla bla ) and at&t can modify this policy without previous notice". So yes, they can denie your request and you'll never find out why

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

9 years ago

They always give you a reason why they won't unlock. so why did they refuse?

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hello! @dreamxoxo  thanks for posting your concerns.

Sorry to hear you’ve had problems getting your phone unlocked. Please send me a private message  by Clicking Here and include the following information so we can check the reason for the unlock being denied:

Your cellular or account number

Your full name

The IMEI of the phone you requested

A good email address to contact you

Hope this helps!

Charise

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.