The Samsung Galaxy S24
stephdres's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, May 10th, 2015 10:38 PM

Texts from Unknown address with "Message not found" in text. Samsung Galaxy S4.

I am not receiving multiple texts ever since the software update for the Samsung Galaxy S4. The texts are being sent from unknown address with the message "Message not Found." I know they are texts being sent to me because a lot of the time they are from friends who I see later and they confirm they tried to send something.

The software update has slowed down my messaging app in general (I'll type things and it won't show up for 10 seconds, messages downloading, etc), which is annoying, but actually not being able to respond to people who are trying to get in touch with me is incredibly frustrating and it's made navigating work and school a real issue. I worry that colleagues think I'm ignoring them. Does anyone have a fix for this? I've tried a soft reset, and it didn't work. I also tried making hangouts my default messaging app, and that did not work either. Please help! I would rather revert to the old software than have to deal with all this. A few more months of this and I'm going back to a flip phone.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there! @stephdres Thanks for posting your messaging concerns. I’m sorry to hear you’re getting this error in Google Hangouts.

If you’ve not done so, please go to Google store on the phone and check for updates on the app. If it is up to date, we recommend backing up your phone and doing a factory reset to clear this. For steps to do this, please visit us at www.att.com/devicehowto/ select the make and model of your phone, then click on Troubleshooting in the left column and select Reset Device for those steps.

Thanks!

Charise

Mentor

• 

44 Messages

6 years ago

Factory reset? Really???

Hello AT&T... There's at least ten different threads of customers with the same problem. Perhaps you can consolidate them and address the issue in a coordinated fashion .

I've got the same problem I'm on a Galaxy S7, not an iPhone. Can you explain what's going on?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.