The Samsung Galaxy S24
Britt1975's profile

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, December 15th, 2016 1:35 PM

Temporary Network Problem preventing enablement of Mobile Hotspot function

Hello - I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and I'm on a Mobile Share Advantage Plan with plenty of GB left for the month. Yesterday my phone was functioning fine as a Wifi Hotspot, but today I'm getting a message that says "There is a temporary network problem that prevents the enablement of the Mobile Hotspot function. Please try again later." I have a co-worker who sits less than 10 feet from me who also has a Mobile Share plan on AT&T and she was able to enable the Hotspot just fine. So I'm thinking that the problem must be with my phone. I've tried taking the sim and the battery out and restarting, but I get the same error message. Can anyone point me in the direction of what I can do to fix this?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.4K Messages

7 years ago

You did all the right things.  

If it continues, call ATT , 611 from your phone.  

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Where are you? I'm in St. Augustine, FL. Mine and my husband's phone are getting the same message.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

I'm also on the east coast of Florida, Brevard county...just had my daughter check her phone and she is also halving the problem. My co-worker who was not having a problem earlier is now getting the same message. Guess it's an AT&T problem after all.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.4K Messages

7 years ago

Hmmm.  Not universal.  Mine is working fine on a non branded phone.  

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Sorry, what I meant was that it's not just specific to my phone, but actually a network problem. Though, both people I've confirmed with, also as Galaxies... Liquor beach are you on a Galaxy as well?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Mine is a Samsung Go Prime and my husband's phone is an LG. His wasn't
working. Mine was working maybe because I left it on overnight but when I
turned it off, then back on. I'm so aggravated because I really need my
laptop...ugggh!

ACE - Sage

• 

116.4K Messages

7 years ago

Bizzare.  Call... post resolution.  

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Will have to do so later, currently at work...can get away with posting on message boards, cannot get away with a call to tech support (which always turns into a 30+min ordeal that involves me shouting into the phone because shouting = my solution for the language barrier issue I always run into with tech support) but once I am able to do so, I will come back and post a resolution. Thank you.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

There is a known outage in Florida right now. Large ISPs like Brighthouse are having issues as well. ETA unknown.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Same here. I lose my mind when I have to call. "Mmmmm, yes....ok....mmmm....Mrs. Dickerson (IT'S DICKINSON), you will see a button....mmmm....on the right side of your phone. I need you to press and hold that button and your.....mmmmmm.......phone will turn off." Me: "Uggghhh...I've done everything but take my phone apart, it's not my phone, it's your network!"
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.