The Samsung Galaxy S24
mswilke6232's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Saturday, August 30th, 2014 3:02 AM

Software Update Failed!

I just ran the Software Update feature on my Galaxy S5 (SM-G900A) It downloaded the update with no problems, but when the device restarted and tried to Install the update it displayed a Message stating the update failed and to try again later. Later is apparently 24 hrs from about 9:45 pm cst

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

9 years ago

Hey, everyone!

Here are a few tips and tricks to keep in mind with the new software release for the S5.

Things to know:

• You should be connected to a reliable Wi-Fi source. Download and install could take 30-60 minutes.
  • Removing the battery during an OS update's download and installation could break the device.
  • You should have at least 3 GB of free device memory (not including the SD card).
  • Some applications may take longer to open after the Lollipop update due to the initial optimization process.
  • If having difficulty with any applications after the update it may be necessary to update the application to the latest version via the Play Store or Samsung Galaxy Apps

You can also check out the link below for more information.

Upgrade Device Software

-Mariana

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

10 years ago

The same thing keeps happening to me. My Galaxy S5 (sm g900a) is unrooted, running stock firmware. I've tried this update (August 28, Baseband version: G900AUCU2ANG3) 3 times using the date rollup trick to bypass the 24 hour update wait. The update will completely download but when the device reboots to initiate the install, it keeps failing at 31%.  I have tried using Kies to update but It keeps telling me that the update from May, (Baseband version: G900AUCU2AND3) is the most current firmware version and doesn't give me the option to check for an update.  This is AT&T's fault, not Samsung to not let us update via Kies.  Although this is only a bug fix update, It would be nice to have a faster, more stable device before the next major Android version update.  Im hoping that someone from AT&T or Samsung will reply to this post to give us a solution to this problem or at least to acknoledge there is an issue.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

I didn't know about the date roll up option so that helps a lot with the 24hr wait nonsense! Thanks! but I called Samsung today about the issue. They at first told me that there was no update available for my device and after I got a little annoyed and told them about the bug fix they told me that I would have to go to best buy to the Samsung support office and have my phone flashed.... to me that sounds a little harsh giving the fact I haven't had the phone a month yet... Flash=Loss of Everything not backed up!!! Not something I'm really looking forward to!

Scholar

• 

124 Messages

10 years ago

@mswilke6232 wrote:
I didn't know about the date roll up option so that helps a lot with the 24hr wait nonsense! Thanks! but I called Samsung today about the issue. They at first told me that there was no update available for my device and after I got a little annoyed and told them about the bug fix they told me that I would have to go to best buy to the Samsung support office and have my phone flashed.... to me that sounds a little harsh giving the fact I haven't had the phone a month yet... Flash=Loss of Everything not backed up!!! Not something I'm really looking forward to!

You can back up to your PC using Kies before going down to Best Buy, that way you don't lose everything. Plus, Google saves most of your apps for you (if you have it set up like that), and will download the apps automatically when you connect to Google again.

I had this same problem with my S3, which wasn't even six months old. I decided I wanted a new phone anyway, so instead of getting it flashed, I got the S5 Active. As for changing the clock because of the 24 hour wait, if it doesn't work, it will make you wait even longer to try again, I remember having to wait up to a week once.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

These were all great tips, but I am still having the problem with my Galaxy S5 not updating! A quick recap of my problem... I have backed up my S5 and I'm running the S/W Update on the device, the update downloads completely and restarts the device to install it, the update reaches 31% (approximately) and fails. The phone starts up and shortly afterwards the S/W update displays a message "The Update was interrupted, and could not install"....

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

10 years ago

I keep having the same issue.  I've been trying for over a week now and no luck.  My phone is stock and unrooted.  I don't think a factory reset before the update will solve the problem because I recently received a warranty replacement and I'm not going to Best Buy to flash the update because the closest one is over 45 minutes away.  It's just frustrating that the same thing keeps happening. I'm sure we're not the only ones with this issue.  AT&T or Samsung needs to acknowledge that theres an issue with this update.

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

10 years ago

Also AT&T, you should let us update our devices through Kies and maybe there wouldn't be so many issues with these updates!

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hi guys,

I'm very sorry you're having some issues with your devices. Our team will be happy to help you with whatever we can! You can send us a private message by using the link below, just click on ATTCustomerCare to create a new message. Please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Agreed. Kies3 states that the original software on the phone is the latest and when I try Software Update on the phone, I get a message that says no software update is available for my device.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

10 years ago

I have the same issue, stock , unrooted. 31 or 32% then fails, reboots and states it failed to initialize.

a. removed encryption > same issues

b. wiped cache partition > same issues

c. removed password > same issues

d. restored apps to defalt settings > same

e. factory reset > same

this is dejavu from my galaxy note. This is a waste of 3 hours of my time so far. Kies does not show the OTA update.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.