For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
FLPatsFan12's profile

Librarian

• 

23 Messages

Friday, July 21st, 2017 11:23 AM

Samsung S8 Active

When is the release date? It should have been released by now, according to previous release dates for the active model.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@teardrop5 wrote:
Where and how did you get a pre-order form for the s8 Active?!

he didnt....  There is no info out there about the s8 active.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

I have not seen or heard of any legit preorder. Beginning to look at other
options at this point.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I've been religiously watching online myself and thought the same thing!
(Which is why I couldn't resist asking anyway!)

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@Emanon wrote:
I have not seen or heard of any legit preorder. Beginning to look at other
options at this point.

I went with the s8+ and had a s7 active I dont miss the active part since the s8+ is ip68 anyway.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

I am also interested in the ruggedized aspect... from drops etc... I like
the S8 size better and I am not a fan of the rounded edge.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

There is no date yet.

Librarian

• 

23 Messages

7 years ago

The lack of information is mind-blowing. I dont care when its going to drop. I just want to know if??? My contract is up and I want a new phone, specifically the S8 active! I've called AT&T and Samsung. Both of them have zero information. I keep repeating the fact that Im not asking for when but IF its coming out. We live in the information-age. It shouldnt be this hard. It looks like I'm switching carriers after 10 yrs... Buh bye AT&T!!!

Librarian

• 

23 Messages

7 years ago

The lack of information is mind-blowing. I dont care when its going to drop. I just want to know if??? My contract is up and I want a new phone, specifically the S8 active! I've called AT&T and Samsung. Both of them have zero information. I keep repeating the fact that Im not asking for when but IF its coming out. We live in the information-age. It shouldnt be this hard.  It looks like I'm switching carriers after 10 yrs... Buh bye AT&T!!!

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

It is shaping up to release without a lot of pomp circumstance or fanfare.
Previous versions release dates are a poor litmus test for the next, rather the actual release of model it is based on seems to be the key. My understanding is that the s8 released about 1month+ or so later than s7 or s6, so that likely pushed back s8 active
It has been submitted and receive wifi cert and to FCC, which usually is one of the last steps.
The iphone8 is coming soon and perhaps they wanted a new option to release close to when that 1100 gadget hits along w be note, to maybe drive more sales to samsung and att
There already has been an s8 active screen protector listing on amazon available after Aug 1st, and evo already released a case for it, all signs point to some time in August, but dont expext lots in terms of pre release info, they are focused on the note 8 launch likely and this is an unusual year and especially important model for them after pulling note7 from market and creating new battery mfg and test protocols.
They may also just be taking extra time to test the new higher capacity batterties the s8 active will house, if it doent release in August, then maybe the new battery testing lrogram did its job and found an issue before it hit market and they are fixing it or cancelled it.
All you can do is check the feeds daily like everyone else that wants one
Or take advantage of the crazy 300 to 400 dollar discounts available right now on s8 and s8+ via some channels, or wait for note 8 instead.
If you want an alternative w same chip, Sony Xperia XZ premium runs the snapdragon 835 as well, and can be bought unlocked from a few places in US for about 700 bucks give or take

Librarian

• 

23 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for the response. I want the S8 active for the battery-life, size(I don't like a big phone), water-resistant, and decent sounding speakers(I listen all day when working). Are there any other phones that can compete?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.