For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
mdc77's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, April 30th, 2014 12:17 AM

Samsung S5 Sporadically Not Downloading MMS messages

My Samsung Galaxy S5 won't receive some MMS messages.  I have made a few settings changes like turning off wifi, de-selecting auto retrieve messages but nothing helps.  This also happened on my previous iphone 4S so not sure its a settings issue...

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

10 years ago

Hi mc77

Had this same issue this morning. If it's a multimedia message, you have to turn ON the "DATA" in order to download the full multimedia message. If it's not turned on, you wont be able even with Wi-Fi.

Yes, its confusing. I found this over another AT&T post and it worked for me

Cheers

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago

@jsantiago1275 wrote:

Hi mc77

Had this same issue this morning. If it's a multimedia message, you have to turn ON the "DATA" in order to download the full multimedia message. If it's not turned on, you wont be able even with Wi-Fi.

Yes, its confusing. I found this over another AT&T post and it worked for me

Cheers

MMS message only will work in cellular data is turned on, it is not designed to go over wifi.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

My data is one but still not getting all MMS. Any other ideas.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I have this same issue, tech support over the phone was unable to resolve the issue.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

There are over 7000 views so obviously this is a major issue yet Att has remained unresponsive to this issue. I am experiencing this as well. I am in a group text all with S5's under different carriers (sprint and verizon) and they all work fine. It would be nice to see someone from Att actually cares about the customers concerns to look into them.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I am having the same issues. Sometimes it receives it and other times I can't. Has anyone resolved this issue yet?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Same problem here. Very aggravating. Galaxy S5, AT&T

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

UPDATE: Upon further research I found a known issue with AdBlock Plus and MMS. If you're using that app, may want look into that issue. Disabling it worked immediately for me.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

was also having the same problem with my galaxy note 3. Adblock was also the issue with that. Was deactivated pictures came through just fine.

Mentor

• 

56 Messages

9 years ago

I have the same problem.  NO adblocking.

Even did a warranty swap....my NEW S5 or a refurb.  Still same problem.  Tier 2 guys

don't have a clue either.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.