Samsung S5 Sporadically Not Downloading MMS messages

Contributor

Samsung S5 Sporadically Not Downloading MMS messages

My Samsung Galaxy S5 won't receive some MMS messages.  I have made a few settings changes like turning off wifi, de-selecting auto retrieve messages but nothing helps.  This also happened on my previous iphone 4S so not sure its a settings issue...

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 51

Re: Samsung S5 Sporadically Not Downloading MMS messages

Hi mc77

Had this same issue this morning. If it's a multimedia message, you have to turn ON the "DATA" in order to download the full multimedia message. If it's not turned on, you wont be able even with Wi-Fi.

Yes, its confusing. I found this over another AT&T post and it worked for me

Cheers

Message 2 of 51
Expert

jsantiago1275 wrote:

Hi mc77

Had this same issue this morning. If it's a multimedia message, you have to turn ON the "DATA" in order to download the full multimedia message. If it's not turned on, you wont be able even with Wi-Fi.

Yes, its confusing. I found this over another AT&T post and it worked for me

Cheers

MMS message only will work in cellular data is turned on, it is not designed to go over wifi.

Message 3 of 51
Highlighted
Contributor

My data is one but still not getting all MMS. Any other ideas.

Message 4 of 51
Contributor

I have this same issue, tech support over the phone was unable to resolve the issue.

Message 5 of 51
Contributor

There are over 7000 views so obviously this is a major is...

There are over 7000 views so obviously this is a major issue yet Att has remained unresponsive to this issue. I am experiencing this as well. I am in a group text all with S5's under different carriers (sprint and verizon) and they all work fine. It would be nice to see someone from Att actually cares about the customers concerns to look into them.
Message 6 of 51
Contributor

Re: There are over 7000 views so obviously this is a major is...

I am having the same issues. Sometimes it receives it and other times I can't. Has anyone resolved this issue yet?

Tags (1)
Message 7 of 51

Same problem here. Very aggravating. Galaxy S5, AT&T

Same problem here. Very aggravating. Galaxy S5, AT&T
Message 8 of 51

UPDATE: Upon further research I found a known issue with...

UPDATE: Upon further research I found a known issue with AdBlock Plus and MMS. If you're using that app, may want look into that issue. Disabling it worked immediately for me.
Message 9 of 51
Contributor

was also having the same problem with my galaxy note 3. A...

was also having the same problem with my galaxy note 3. Adblock was also the issue with that. Was deactivated pictures came through just fine.
Message 10 of 51

I have the same problem.  NO adblocking.

Even did a warranty swap....my NEW S5 or a refurb.  Still same problem.  Tier 2 guys

don't have a clue either.

Message 11 of 51
Contributor

If wifi and data are both on you must enable 'smart network switch' option under wifi settings. 

Message 12 of 51

There is a green check in that box, so it's enabled. 

at&t tier two guy's mostly had me keep wifi turned off during the tests.  mms does not go over wifi, only via their network ( towers ).

I can send mms, but just takes 6-10 minutes before it is sent, unless it fails ( network error ).

Message 13 of 51
Contributor

Try different messaging apps. I've had the same problem since I got my Samsug Galaxy S5 yesterday. I was not getting MMS from any of my friends, and I thought it was a device or a network problem. Then this afternoon I tried a couple of different messaging apps, and so far one is working fine. The app I'm using right now is called EvolveSMS. I'm going to try other apps too until I find the one I really like, but so far, I've gotten all the pictures that were sent via text on EvolveSMS.

Message 14 of 51
Contributor

I am having the same problem.  My wife has the problem with her S4.  My son is on my AT&T account and I cannot receive pictures from him, or he from me.  My nephew is on Verizon with an iPhone, we send/receive with no problem.  I have no ad blocking software and have tried using WiFi & LTE...

Message 15 of 51
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support