The Samsung Galaxy S24
Lilybell2's profile
ACE - Professor

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

Friday, February 6th, 2015 6:57 AM

Samsung Galaxy S5 Wi-Fi Connectivity Problems After 4.4.4 Update

My Galaxy S5 has had no connectivity issues at all.  This morning I installed the 4.4.4 update and immediately began having wi-fi connectivity issues.  The S5 keeps dropping the connection and then reconnecting.  This is constant. 

Obviously, the signal was strong enough and constant enough that I was able to download the 487 MB update with no connectivity problems whatsoever.  Now, however, when I check Wi-Fi networks, I note the S5 is constantly scanning.  Is that normal? 

None of the other devices using Wi-Fi on this home network are experiencing connectivity issues, including a netbook, a tablet, and a Kindle Paperwhite e-reader.  According to the S5, the signal is "strong," yet it continues to drop and then reconnect. 

I have tried the S5 on other networks and the same problem exists.  Others are experiencing the same problem after installing 4.4.4.  Unfortunately, a number of us posted in an earlier topic, which had been marked solved; therefore, our posts may likely go unnoticed. 

http://forums.att.com/t5/Samsung-Discussion-Support/Galaxy-S5-WiFi-keeps-dropping-and-reconnecting/m-p/4190686#M2825

Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Yes, I did that but and it says connected to...aND shows my network info yet it continues to scan every few seconds. When I try to send a text it says mobile network no found. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Yes, I did that but and it says connected to...aND shows my network info yet it continues to scan every few seconds. When I try to send a text it says mobile network no found. 

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

8 years ago

Go to Settings > WiFi and make sure you have "Smart network switch" unchecked. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I tried that but now I just can't even log in. The connect option won't work.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

is this still a problem. i cant connect. wifi keeps. shutting off. my smart switch is turned off. wifi justs says, "turning on." and then the button turns off by itself. i rebooted. i also rebooted my router. any ideas?

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

7 years ago

You can try having your device "forget" the network.  Reboot your phone, and then set up the network connection again, and see if that helps.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

support says it's a hardware issue, both att and samsumg support. im sending back the pad under warranty. no pay for the 10 days of lost use though. i pay att but cant use the cell service.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

no dice on the forget network idea. no networks show to forget. support says it's a hardware issue, both att and samsumg support. im sending back the pad under warranty. no repay for the 10 days of lost use though. i pay att but cant use the cell service. lame, very unhappy, too much time lost on the phone and in waiting for repair. cant cancel contract without a $138 fee. i just wanted internet service, not this stupid samsung pad. should never have gone for the bunbdle deal they offered

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

7 years ago

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties.  It's fortunate you have warranty coverage, although it is annoying when you do not have the availability of your device. 

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

If you seriously think that this version causes harm to various parameters of your phone then you have to quit this update amnd try to downgrade it or upgrade it to most advanced version. If you don't want to delete it then simple reset your phone. Because a simple reset can remove the bug that causes issue in wifi connectivity. For reset details and instruction visit- https://issuu.com/ankittiwari40/docs/master_reset_samsung_galaxy_s5.pptx

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.