For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Lilybell2's profile
ACE - Professor

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

Friday, February 6th, 2015 6:57 AM

Samsung Galaxy S5 Wi-Fi Connectivity Problems After 4.4.4 Update

My Galaxy S5 has had no connectivity issues at all.  This morning I installed the 4.4.4 update and immediately began having wi-fi connectivity issues.  The S5 keeps dropping the connection and then reconnecting.  This is constant. 

Obviously, the signal was strong enough and constant enough that I was able to download the 487 MB update with no connectivity problems whatsoever.  Now, however, when I check Wi-Fi networks, I note the S5 is constantly scanning.  Is that normal? 

None of the other devices using Wi-Fi on this home network are experiencing connectivity issues, including a netbook, a tablet, and a Kindle Paperwhite e-reader.  According to the S5, the signal is "strong," yet it continues to drop and then reconnect. 

I have tried the S5 on other networks and the same problem exists.  Others are experiencing the same problem after installing 4.4.4.  Unfortunately, a number of us posted in an earlier topic, which had been marked solved; therefore, our posts may likely go unnoticed. 

http://forums.att.com/t5/Samsung-Discussion-Support/Galaxy-S5-WiFi-keeps-dropping-and-reconnecting/m-p/4190686#M2825

Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I was having issues with the wifi constantly disconnectinh from my home wireless (work was working fine, and other devices were running well)

I have been through a full factory reset, flipping the smart network switch, unselecting enhanced LTE, and a few other changes.  I finally got it to work by using the WPS configuration on my router.  Got to the wifi settings -> select the Wi-Fi dots on the top right -> did WPS pin entry -> entered the pin on my router screen -> and it finally started working correctly and maintaining a connection.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

9 years ago

Glad you got your connectivity issue resolved.  Smiley Happy

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

This started the day before my S5 updated to 4.4.4. When I'm on my home wifi some apps do not load and email doesn't work. If I turn off wifi or go to other wifi everything works fine. All other devices, including other phones, work fine on my home wifi.I tried most of the fixes posted here and none work so far.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

Me too. I have Samsung galaxy  3,  4.4.2. And happens on Samsung NEW 4.4.2 tablet!  And my Acer tablet shows weak WiFi during day! I'm  glad there's  many, I thought  I did something  wrong!  I'm  sending Samsung tablet back just received 04.09.15. Sad because  I liked Samsung.  Guess I'll  be grieving  for awhile. A new phone this October,  not Samsung! 

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

Not solved after unchecked box!  And I'm having same issue on NEW Samsung  tablet running 4.4.2. It's not even a week old and it's constantly  scanning!  Same problem  on Samsung  3 4.4.2.!   Help. I don't enjoy giving up Samsung,!

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

Clearing cache doesn't  help with the WiFi  problem - Samsung & AT&T.     I use the app ZDBOX to clear cache & stop apps running. A month ago I added app Battery Doctor, highly recommend with Clean Master. Battery Doctor continously closes programs notifying of running hot & other info. The battery on my Samsung  Galaxy 3 doesn't drain as quickly. Still drains more then it should! 

I hope there's a  resolution on the Samsung  & AT&T WiFi  problem, soon. Given the history of complaints I  doubt it.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

9 years ago

Task killers and optimizers may make problems worse, not better.  There's an interesting topic on that subject at the Android Forums. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you. I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I have a Samsung Galaxy 3, 4.4.2. And my tablet is 4.4.2. Your info doesn't apply.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you for your reply. I understand task killers and optomiziers can make matters worse. In this case they are helping. The battery last longer,doesnt run as hot and the cache is cleared. My only problem is the WiFi connection constantly scanning, causing the battery to drain. I have a Samsung Galaxy 3 & tablet both with 4.4.2. The tablet doesn't have the best ask killer or optomiziers. The tablet does the same WiFi scanning. Its not even a week old! 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.