The Samsung Galaxy S24
j5k's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 10th, 2012 12:15 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy S3 Not Receiving Calls - Phone issue or Android issue?

I just got a Samsung S3 a week ago.  I have received calls and texts on it, but it appears that I am missing calls.  Somebody tried calling me 6-7 times in a row in a 30 minute time span yesterday and it never rang, and only one of those showed up as a missed call.  Today, the same thing happened again with two calls, and neither appeared in my missed call log.  They sent a text and it didn't appear until about 20 minutes after it was sent.

I live in a built up area where there should be good coverage, and looked at the map and am rated as "best coverage."  In the past six months, there were maybe two incidents at most when my old phone (not a smart phone) did not ring.  I have a normal amount of bars on my phone.

During both of these incidents, my phone was not in use, and the ringer was on with sufficent volume.

Does anybody have any recommendations for solving this?

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

11 years ago

I'm guessing that anyone with an IQ above room temperature knows what got removed.... 😉 

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

Speak no evil and pay your bill.  Thank you from AT&T.

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

11 years ago

Wow! I cant believe that "speak no evil and pay your bill" has been the last comment on this thread for a month now.  Im starting to wonder if it was actually posted by at&t directly because that's the vibe I've got (and we've all got) everytime I've tried to bring up my "case" lately.

Does anyone have any experience with the issue being solved by 4.3 os? Im debating on the note 3 and would buy it tomorrow if I knew it wouldn't have the same issue of missed calls and texts.  Thanks for all of your posts!!! They help more than you probably realize!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I recently purchased the Galaxy Express GoPhone, without data.  Between Salem and Portland it's pretty difficult to find dead zones, so I was surprised to find I had missed a call on the drive home.  No missed call notifications.  So we called the phone from a Sprint phone in the same room.  Nothing.  Called again.  Nothing.  Called a third time, and it finally started ringing.

I originally left a 4G LTE zone on the way home (which I enabled for MMS only), but this problem persisted at home in 3G with Wifi connected.  Needless to say, I'm returning this tomorrow.  It's surprising to see such poor results on the nation's second largest carrier.

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

11 years ago

Bad news friends. I just purchased the galaxy note 3 w/ at&t running 2.3 and guess what!? This issue isn't going away!

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

11 years ago

I assume you mean Android 4.3, not 2.3. No, the problem will not go away until AT&T admits the problem is not in the phones but rather in the 4G LTE tower software.

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

Yes that is correct. 4.3. It is missing as many calls as my note 2 or s3 were running 4.2 we hoped in vain that a solution was coming in the 4.3 update.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I'm also having this issue and have since I purchased my phone almost a year ago. I don't understand how this thread can go on for so long without the problem being resolved. It happens sporadically but when it does it is really inconvenient. Does AT&T respond to these forum posts?

Scholar

• 

90 Messages

10 years ago

They truly do not care... i gave up a long long time ago.

Scholar

• 

129 Messages

10 years ago

It is the handoff between the LTE and GSM radios, it is not specific to Samsung, Android, or even phones. It will be an update to the modem software that changes how the device balances prioritizing which radio to use (or both) and battery life. Listening with both radios would fix the issue but you would have nearly No battery life.

The only real fix will be VoLTE, let's hope that AT&T doesn't get the bright idea to spread the VoLTE signal over multiple spectrums, and require another radio for the VoIP aspect of the VoLTE signal...
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.