Wireless Forums

Posted Aug 9, 2012
5:15:14 PM
View profile
Samsung Galaxy S3 Not Receiving Calls - Phone issue or Android issue?

I just got a Samsung S3 a week ago.  I have received calls and texts on it, but it appears that I am missing calls.  Somebody tried calling me 6-7 times in a row in a 30 minute time span yesterday and it never rang, and only one of those showed up as a missed call.  Today, the same thing happened again with two calls, and neither appeared in my missed call log.  They sent a text and it didn't appear until about 20 minutes after it was sent.

I live in a built up area where there should be good coverage, and looked at the map and am rated as "best coverage."  In the past six months, there were maybe two incidents at most when my old phone (not a smart phone) did not ring.  I have a normal amount of bars on my phone.

During both of these incidents, my phone was not in use, and the ringer was on with sufficent volume.

Does anybody have any recommendations for solving this?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 17, 2013 5:51:42 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by jamileh on Feb 5, 2013 at 9:33:18 AM

Guys,

I got this issue fixed. You dont have to remove the battery or even restart your phone for that matter. This problem occurs mainly because of 4G LTE. I dont know if its the phone or the service. So, I have found an alternative.

What you need to do is add a new APN and run your device on 3G so that you can still get calls and browse until att or samsung fixes this issue. You can either use 4G toggle which you can download from google play to toggle between 3g and 4g. Or you can add as I have said above the new APN. Please go to Settings -> More settings -> Mobile Networks ->Access point names-> (+ new APN) . Give the Name of your choice but the APN should be defined as wap.cingular and finally save it. Change the existing apn to your newly created apn. Go to you home menu and you will see the 4G is used insted 4G LTE. You can even check your speed by using speed test.

Actually now I even have fewer dropped calls and I get the calls as soon as they call it. 

Please watch the below url: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TqXFd5aJcuY or read this link : http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-galaxy-s-iii/243505-jelly-bean-4-1-1-phone-calls-bug.html

<CM EDIT:

We are researching this but I have marked jan_raghavan's suggestion as an Accepted Solution for the time being because it's worked for a couple people. 

I have to note that this is NOT an AT&T solution and it will limit your capabilities on the device because you won't be on 4G but since it's helped a few of you, I want to make sure it's visible.>

498 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
Replies
(498)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2013 9:21:27 AM
(0)
Teacher

Mace, Danvee and Ark42, I cant say how much I appreciate your guidance.

ATT can delete, block, omit and censor all they want.  In the end I will be liberated from your uninformed bracket of ignorance and misleading advisories.  As I am sure that the support reps are good people trying to do their job under policies that a person standing alone would not abide, what is offered by ATT to the people who have chosen them to provide a cell service is far from what is advertised. 

So please enjoy our discussion and try to pay attention as we ignore you and help each other instead because it is the only option we have left.

Thank you

Mace, Danvee and Ark42, I cant say how much I appreciate your guidance.

ATT can delete, block, omit and censor all they want.  In the end I will be liberated from your uninformed bracket of ignorance and misleading advisories.  As I am sure that the support reps are good people trying to do their job under policies that a person standing alone would not abide, what is offered by ATT to the people who have chosen them to provide a cell service is far from what is advertised. 

So please enjoy our discussion and try to pay attention as we ignore you and help each other instead because it is the only option we have left.

Thank you

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Not Receiving Calls - Phone issue or Android issue?

451 of 499 (2,237 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2013 10:01:31 AM
(0)
Mentor

But, note that any of these modifications void your warranty. 

So, again, in order to stay with AT&T and still have a phone which can allow us to use all of the features for which we've contracted and are paying, we need to give up our warranty. 

What part of that makes sense to anyone with an IQ above room temperature? 

Also, m.a.s.e, they are rooted and using custom ROMs. Problem is still there. 

Might need to go with 4.2.2 or higher, but I'm pretty sure that's a kludge.

The International models that these ROM's are ported from have different hardware than the AT&T S3.

We were 'lucky' enough to get 4.1.2 a couple of weeks ago..... 

But, note that any of these modifications void your warranty. 

So, again, in order to stay with AT&T and still have a phone which can allow us to use all of the features for which we've contracted and are paying, we need to give up our warranty. 

What part of that makes sense to anyone with an IQ above room temperature? 

Also, m.a.s.e, they are rooted and using custom ROMs. Problem is still there. 

Might need to go with 4.2.2 or higher, but I'm pretty sure that's a kludge.

The International models that these ROM's are ported from have different hardware than the AT&T S3.

We were 'lucky' enough to get 4.1.2 a couple of weeks ago..... 

452 of 499 (2,222 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2013 10:12:29 AM
(0)
Teacher

Danvee,   It's a very difficult decision to make as the warranty is important, especially to people like myself who work a physical job and my phone can take a beating unless I take it off my person.  So I know exactly where you are coming from.

As for me I am approaching the halfway point in my contract that includes 2 phones so I do not mind so much parting with the $ETF$ to open the doors to freedom from this mistake.

I don't have time to spend on the phone doing basic steps I know will not work after reading this forum.  Additionally, I cannot rely on the remote chance that my phone will connect with my wife's phone in the event of an emergency situation which has actually happened on 2 occasions and failed.

Danvee,   It's a very difficult decision to make as the warranty is important, especially to people like myself who work a physical job and my phone can take a beating unless I take it off my person.  So I know exactly where you are coming from.

As for me I am approaching the halfway point in my contract that includes 2 phones so I do not mind so much parting with the $ETF$ to open the doors to freedom from this mistake.

I don't have time to spend on the phone doing basic steps I know will not work after reading this forum.  Additionally, I cannot rely on the remote chance that my phone will connect with my wife's phone in the event of an emergency situation which has actually happened on 2 occasions and failed.

453 of 499 (2,220 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2013 10:20:22 AM
(0)
Mentor

I'm not really sure what you guys think the warranty covers. If your phone is going to break, it's almost certainly going to be from one of the things the warranty does NOT cover anyway: dropped and broken screen, water damage, etc. If the hardware is going to fail for some reason that would make the phone actually need the warranty, it will almost certainly fail within the first few weeks. After you've had it for months, the warranty is more or less meaningless.

I'm not really sure what you guys think the warranty covers. If your phone is going to break, it's almost certainly going to be from one of the things the warranty does NOT cover anyway: dropped and broken screen, water damage, etc. If the hardware is going to fail for some reason that would make the phone actually need the warranty, it will almost certainly fail within the first few weeks. After you've had it for months, the warranty is more or less meaningless.

454 of 499 (2,215 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2013 11:07:21 AM
(0)
Teacher

Good point Ark, see Danvee?  Warranty is useless so start ruuting!

Actually I probably lose a little more since I bit onto the extended warranty bait.

Good point Ark, see Danvee?  Warranty is useless so start ruuting!

Actually I probably lose a little more since I bit onto the extended warranty bait.

455 of 499 (2,199 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2013 11:08:47 AM
(0)
Mentor

Ark42 wrote:

This is quite true but the warranty is so valuble in the event the AT&T software were to fail on the phone. Say for instance the AT&T software prevented the phone from receiving calls and texts!  /sarcasm

Ark42 wrote:

This is quite true but the warranty is so valuble in the event the AT&T software were to fail on the phone. Say for instance the AT&T software prevented the phone from receiving calls and texts!  /sarcasm

456 of 499 (2,198 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2013 11:12:12 AM
(0)
Teacher

Sarcastic maybe but has anyone tried that idea????????  If so I'd LOVE to hear how the story ended.

Sarcastic maybe but has anyone tried that idea????????  If so I'd LOVE to hear how the story ended.

457 of 499 (2,196 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2013 11:30:56 AM
(0)
Explorer

Samsunk-Failaxy wrote:

Yep. I didn't use the same argument, but I did get several warranty replacements for my phone, even a warranty upgrade to the S3 I have now. Ultimately, you're still getting a phone with AT&T's software, so the issue should still be there.

Samsunk-Failaxy wrote:

Yep. I didn't use the same argument, but I did get several warranty replacements for my phone, even a warranty upgrade to the S3 I have now. Ultimately, you're still getting a phone with AT&T's software, so the issue should still be there.

458 of 499 (2,181 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2013 11:34:50 AM
(0)
Teacher

So the issue still exists in your latest replacement?

459 of 499 (2,179 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2013 11:48:25 AM
(0)
Explorer

Samsunk-Failaxy wrote:

Indeed it does. I started this desperate search for a solution close to a year ago on a Galaxy S2 Skyrocket. Went through the normal "replace your SIM" crap until they sent me to a warranty center where they wiped my phone and reinstalled the factory software, and then I finally got a different Skyrocket altogether. When that didn't work, they sent me through the normal channels again before I asked to speak to one of their CS managers, who authorized the warranty upgrade to the S3. I should really call again and explain to them that I can't use LTE and see what they can do for me. 

Samsunk-Failaxy wrote:

Indeed it does. I started this desperate search for a solution close to a year ago on a Galaxy S2 Skyrocket. Went through the normal "replace your SIM" crap until they sent me to a warranty center where they wiped my phone and reinstalled the factory software, and then I finally got a different Skyrocket altogether. When that didn't work, they sent me through the normal channels again before I asked to speak to one of their CS managers, who authorized the warranty upgrade to the S3. I should really call again and explain to them that I can't use LTE and see what they can do for me. 

460 of 499 (2,175 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2013 11:53:18 AM
(0)
Teacher

You are paying for it so I would say give it a shot, although it sounds like we can all guess the answer on what they can do for you.  Outrageous.

You are paying for it so I would say give it a shot, although it sounds like we can all guess the answer on what they can do for you.  Outrageous.

461 of 499 (2,174 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2013 11:58:58 AM
(0)
Explorer
Edited by Phil-101 on Aug 22, 2013 at 12:45:13 PM

Samsunk-Failaxy wrote:

Eeeexactly. Like I said, after...actually, more than a year at this point, I'm sick of dealing with AT&T's CS department. It's the same stuff every time until I can get someone to understand that I've been through all of this before and I do, in fact, know what the [word filter avoidance] I'm talking about. I finally had a really good Tech Support rep on my latest round through them, but I have no way of getting ahold of her anymore.

Samsunk-Failaxy wrote:

Eeeexactly. Like I said, after...actually, more than a year at this point, I'm sick of dealing with AT&T's CS department. It's the same stuff every time until I can get someone to understand that I've been through all of this before and I do, in fact, know what the [word filter avoidance] I'm talking about. I finally had a really good Tech Support rep on my latest round through them, but I have no way of getting ahold of her anymore.

[ Edited ]
462 of 499 (2,171 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2013 12:09:25 PM
(0)
Teacher

Defeat through frustration = 1 in win column for ATT.  Thats beyond rotten JT.  That is why I wont even start.  I don't have the patience.

Defeat through frustration = 1 in win column for ATT.  Thats beyond rotten JT.  That is why I wont even start.  I don't have the patience.

463 of 499 (2,169 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2013 1:27:48 PM
(0)
Explorer

Samsunk-Failaxy wrote:

Pretty much. Unless you get a good person, all they do is give you the run-around and tell you they'll call you in 3-5 business days.

Samsunk-Failaxy wrote:

Pretty much. Unless you get a good person, all they do is give you the run-around and tell you they'll call you in 3-5 business days.

464 of 499 (2,146 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2013 2:29:30 PM
(0)
Mentor

The issue also exists in the S4, with Android 4.2.2. After filing an FCC complaint, I got a call from someone at AT&T offering to let me out of my contract. She said they were unable to solve the problem. I told her no, to reopen the ticket, so she did that and will get back to me someday. I checked prices on the only compeditor I would consider, and with 5 phones for the family, plus 3 data plans, it would run me maybe $60 more a month. So just jumping ship isn't an option.

I did ask her about "Voice over LTE" as a possible fix, and she said it would be another year or two. 

The issue also exists in the S4, with Android 4.2.2. After filing an FCC complaint, I got a call from someone at AT&T offering to let me out of my contract. She said they were unable to solve the problem. I told her no, to reopen the ticket, so she did that and will get back to me someday. I checked prices on the only compeditor I would consider, and with 5 phones for the family, plus 3 data plans, it would run me maybe $60 more a month. So just jumping ship isn't an option.

I did ask her about "Voice over LTE" as a possible fix, and she said it would be another year or two. 

465 of 499 (2,125 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2013 4:17:06 PM
(0)
Explorer
Yeah, see. In response to my FCC complaint, I received a call in May, and was told voice over lte was coming at the end of June, and would fix the issue. What a joke.
Yeah, see. In response to my FCC complaint, I received a call in May, and was told voice over lte was coming at the end of June, and would fix the issue. What a joke.

466 of 499 (2,101 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2013 6:02:07 PM
(0)
Scholar
@TIGERFAN133 the earliest I've heard of for VoLTE is Verizon's goal of starting roll-out in 2014, likely completion by 2015-2016. I would expect AT&T to be about a year behind them, as AT&T if still rolling out their LTE footprint. VoLTE requires enhanced (faster) broadband connections and a minor update to the bandwidth and radios at each tower.
@TIGERFAN133 the earliest I've heard of for VoLTE is Verizon's goal of starting roll-out in 2014, likely completion by 2015-2016. I would expect AT&T to be about a year behind them, as AT&T if still rolling out their LTE footprint. VoLTE requires enhanced (faster) broadband connections and a minor update to the bandwidth and radios at each tower.
Sent from my Galaxy S 3 (i747)

467 of 499 (2,086 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2013 7:15:14 PM
(0)
Explorer
I figured it was just so much bull at the time, but wow, surprising how much bull, even for at&t!
I figured it was just so much bull at the time, but wow, surprising how much bull, even for at&t!

468 of 499 (2,076 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2013 8:45:48 PM
(0)
Mentor

I live in the NYC metro area, 30 miles outside of NYC, and don't get LTE. 

This whole situation is a joke.... It's unfortunately on us, and we're not laughing..... 

I live in the NYC metro area, 30 miles outside of NYC, and don't get LTE. 

This whole situation is a joke.... It's unfortunately on us, and we're not laughing..... 

469 of 499 (2,069 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2013 11:36:24 AM
(0)
Voyager

Everyone is talking about ATT supplied phones...  I have a Galaxy S3 Mini that I brought unlocked from 3rd party and also have the same problem with missed and dropped calls.  My husband tells me that he gets a message that "the user is out of network" and can't even leave a voice message. 

Haven't tried the two fixes noted in this thread yet, hoping they work for the unlocked phone.  Any thoughts on that?

Everyone is talking about ATT supplied phones...  I have a Galaxy S3 Mini that I brought unlocked from 3rd party and also have the same problem with missed and dropped calls.  My husband tells me that he gets a message that "the user is out of network" and can't even leave a voice message. 

Haven't tried the two fixes noted in this thread yet, hoping they work for the unlocked phone.  Any thoughts on that?

470 of 499 (1,728 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2013 7:16:24 AM
(0)
Tutor

My wife and I are being bitten by this but we only recently realized it. The issue is not confined to Samsung or even Android; my wife's phone is an iPhone 5 (mine is the Galaxy Note II). Oddly, we can get calls and texts on 4G LTE if and only if we stay disconnected from our home wifi. If we connect to our home wifi, calls and texts stop coming in. Turn off the wifi, reboot, and the backlog (including voicemail notifications) comes through. It's very repeatable.

My kids' phones are HSPA+ and are not affected. They get calls and texts even while on the home wifi.

The fix from jan_raghavan doesn't work for me. When I set up the new APN, my phone doesn't connect to any data network at all which is weird; since the kids' phones immediately show an "H+" icon when I take them off the wifi, I would expect my Galaxy Note II to switch over the 4G without the "LTE" in the icon just as was shown in the youtube video. But it doesn't. It just sits there.

At least I can work around the issue while at home by turning off the wifi. But I have no idea if the phone is actually missing calls when I visit relatives and am on their wifi networks.

My wife and I are being bitten by this but we only recently realized it. The issue is not confined to Samsung or even Android; my wife's phone is an iPhone 5 (mine is the Galaxy Note II). Oddly, we can get calls and texts on 4G LTE if and only if we stay disconnected from our home wifi. If we connect to our home wifi, calls and texts stop coming in. Turn off the wifi, reboot, and the backlog (including voicemail notifications) comes through. It's very repeatable.

My kids' phones are HSPA+ and are not affected. They get calls and texts even while on the home wifi.

The fix from jan_raghavan doesn't work for me. When I set up the new APN, my phone doesn't connect to any data network at all which is weird; since the kids' phones immediately show an "H+" icon when I take them off the wifi, I would expect my Galaxy Note II to switch over the 4G without the "LTE" in the icon just as was shown in the youtube video. But it doesn't. It just sits there.

At least I can work around the issue while at home by turning off the wifi. But I have no idea if the phone is actually missing calls when I visit relatives and am on their wifi networks.

471 of 499 (1,653 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2013 9:32:43 AM
(0)
Mentor

I'm still not convinced wifi has much to do with it - I think it's a design flaw in the whole 4G-LTE concept requiring multiple radios (one for data, one for voice). We had the problem a lot on the S3's, but on the S4's I've only had a couple of missed calls in the past two months. I turn the wifi on when I'm at home, off when I leave, but have missed the occasional call both at home with it on, and at work with it off.

After filing an FCC complaint, I received a call from someone at AT&T that told me they were unable to fix the problem and would I like to be let out of my contract. I suspect they can make it better (as the S4 did) by pushing everyone to Android 4.2.2, but that doesn't seem to eliminate it completely. I bet they could also make it better by tweaking the firmware in the towers themselves, but they don't seem to be so inclined. I've also heard it can be solved with something called "Voice over LTE" but that won't roll out for a couple of years.

Earlier posters here stated that rooting your phone, and installing the newest Android for that model, eliminates the problem, but I cannot verify as that voids the warranty and I don't want to do that yet.

I'm still not convinced wifi has much to do with it - I think it's a design flaw in the whole 4G-LTE concept requiring multiple radios (one for data, one for voice). We had the problem a lot on the S3's, but on the S4's I've only had a couple of missed calls in the past two months. I turn the wifi on when I'm at home, off when I leave, but have missed the occasional call both at home with it on, and at work with it off.

After filing an FCC complaint, I received a call from someone at AT&T that told me they were unable to fix the problem and would I like to be let out of my contract. I suspect they can make it better (as the S4 did) by pushing everyone to Android 4.2.2, but that doesn't seem to eliminate it completely. I bet they could also make it better by tweaking the firmware in the towers themselves, but they don't seem to be so inclined. I've also heard it can be solved with something called "Voice over LTE" but that won't roll out for a couple of years.

Earlier posters here stated that rooting your phone, and installing the newest Android for that model, eliminates the problem, but I cannot verify as that voids the warranty and I don't want to do that yet.

472 of 499 (1,649 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2013 5:24:48 PM
(0)
Tutor
Wifi may not intrinsically be the cause, it could be some side effect of something else when I turn on wifi, but there is no doubt that for my home, turning on wifi results in the phone not ringing, turning wifi off results in the phone ringing. I repeated this little experiment just an hour ago. However, with my wife's iPhone 5, there is the option of turning off LTE (it's native in the menus, Settings -> General -> Cellular -> LTE). Turning off LTE for the iPhone 5 "solves" the problem for her. I don't know why the workaround from jan_raghavan won't work for me...Meanwhile, I just have wifi off except when I periodically decide to update apps. My data plan is enough to cover emails and normal web browsing.
Wifi may not intrinsically be the cause, it could be some side effect of something else when I turn on wifi, but there is no doubt that for my home, turning on wifi results in the phone not ringing, turning wifi off results in the phone ringing. I repeated this little experiment just an hour ago. However, with my wife's iPhone 5, there is the option of turning off LTE (it's native in the menus, Settings -> General -> Cellular -> LTE). Turning off LTE for the iPhone 5 "solves" the problem for her. I don't know why the workaround from jan_raghavan won't work for me...Meanwhile, I just have wifi off except when I periodically decide to update apps. My data plan is enough to cover emails and normal web browsing.

473 of 499 (1,624 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2013 4:56:25 AM
(0)
Mentor

If the workaround you are referring to is the one that creates a new APN, it didn't work for me either. Use the one outlined in earlier pages by M.A.S.E. using the stock dialer. It does work. 

If the workaround you are referring to is the one that creates a new APN, it didn't work for me either. Use the one outlined in earlier pages by M.A.S.E. using the stock dialer. It does work. 

474 of 499 (1,583 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2013 7:31:32 AM
(0)
Tutor
Thanks for that tip, yes its the new APN that doesn't work.

I also found the status menu on my phone and found it quite curious that the "Mobile network state" is listed as "Disconnected" when I turn on my phone's wifi (and it connects to the my home wifi). But as soon as I turn off the phone's wifi, it reports "Connected." If that means what I think it means, it looks pretty clear-cut that something in the settings/toggle is interfering between the two, for me at least.
Thanks for that tip, yes its the new APN that doesn't work.

I also found the status menu on my phone and found it quite curious that the "Mobile network state" is listed as "Disconnected" when I turn on my phone's wifi (and it connects to the my home wifi). But as soon as I turn off the phone's wifi, it reports "Connected." If that means what I think it means, it looks pretty clear-cut that something in the settings/toggle is interfering between the two, for me at least.

475 of 499 (1,571 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2013 8:13:58 AM
(0)
Mentor
That's normal. Mobile network state is if the phone is connected to the internet via 4G/3G. If you're connected to Wifi, you don't need a 2nd internet connection.
That's normal. Mobile network state is if the phone is connected to the internet via 4G/3G. If you're connected to Wifi, you don't need a 2nd internet connection.

476 of 499 (1,564 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2013 6:17:02 PM
(0)
Tutor
Well, at least the "solution" from M.A.S.E. "works" to keep me from missing calls at home.

It's a bit of a pain to implement since I have my Galaxy Note II in a Otterbox case and the SIM card doesn't come out far enough for the *#2263# to work without taking the battery out completely. At home it won't matter since I will be on the wifi network. I wish there was an easy way to toggle LTE for phone :-(
Well, at least the "solution" from M.A.S.E. "works" to keep me from missing calls at home.

It's a bit of a pain to implement since I have my Galaxy Note II in a Otterbox case and the SIM card doesn't come out far enough for the *#2263# to work without taking the battery out completely. At home it won't matter since I will be on the wifi network. I wish there was an easy way to toggle LTE for phone :-(

477 of 499 (1,535 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2013 7:26:25 PM
(0)
Mentor
You don't need to take the battery or SIM out if you first do the *#197328640# thing (Umts / Debug Screen / Phone Control / Network Lock / Rat_Free_Supporting ON)
Then you can basically disable LTE with *#2263#, but unfortunately you're only option for disabling it is to lock yourself to 2G or 3G with no option for auto-selection between the two.
You don't need to take the battery or SIM out if you first do the *#197328640# thing (Umts / Debug Screen / Phone Control / Network Lock / Rat_Free_Supporting ON)
Then you can basically disable LTE with *#2263#, but unfortunately you're only option for disabling it is to lock yourself to 2G or 3G with no option for auto-selection between the two.

478 of 499 (1,532 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2013 8:43:09 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by Phil-101 on Sep 5, 2013 at 9:20:02 PM

So, essentially, We're still locked into a contract and paying for services that AT&T is incapable of delivering at this point in time.
In fact, they knew that at the time the contract was signed.
As they knew that, and we didn't, doesn't that constitute a form of fraud on their part, and, forcing us to pay, and holding us to a contract that they're completely incapable of fulfilling, compound it?

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

So, essentially, We're still locked into a contract and paying for services that AT&T is incapable of delivering at this point in time.
In fact, they knew that at the time the contract was signed.
As they knew that, and we didn't, doesn't that constitute a form of fraud on their part, and, forcing us to pay, and holding us to a contract that they're completely incapable of fulfilling, compound it?

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

[ Edited ]
479 of 499 (1,522 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2013 3:03:17 AM
(0)
Teacher

Well I am officially free of this problem, so far.  I bought out of my ATT contract, which I will admit they were generous with my buy out.  My new phones and service with V- - - z- - n has been great with no problems like these in this forum.  I am fortunate to live and work in areas that are signal-strong and the 4G LTE is spot on, for me anyway.

As much as I would like to give my old Galaxy S3s a Darth Vader funeral I will contemplate selling.  I don't feel right selling a problem like this to anyone. 

Well I am officially free of this problem, so far.  I bought out of my ATT contract, which I will admit they were generous with my buy out.  My new phones and service with V- - - z- - n has been great with no problems like these in this forum.  I am fortunate to live and work in areas that are signal-strong and the 4G LTE is spot on, for me anyway.

As much as I would like to give my old Galaxy S3s a Darth Vader funeral I will contemplate selling.  I don't feel right selling a problem like this to anyone. 

480 of 499 (1,509 Views)