The Samsung Galaxy S24
j5k's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 10th, 2012 12:15 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy S3 Not Receiving Calls - Phone issue or Android issue?

I just got a Samsung S3 a week ago.  I have received calls and texts on it, but it appears that I am missing calls.  Somebody tried calling me 6-7 times in a row in a 30 minute time span yesterday and it never rang, and only one of those showed up as a missed call.  Today, the same thing happened again with two calls, and neither appeared in my missed call log.  They sent a text and it didn't appear until about 20 minutes after it was sent.

I live in a built up area where there should be good coverage, and looked at the map and am rated as "best coverage."  In the past six months, there were maybe two incidents at most when my old phone (not a smart phone) did not ring.  I have a normal amount of bars on my phone.

During both of these incidents, my phone was not in use, and the ringer was on with sufficent volume.

Does anybody have any recommendations for solving this?

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

You are paying for it so I would say give it a shot, although it sounds like we can all guess the answer on what they can do for you.  Outrageous.

Explorer

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

@Samsunk-Failaxy wrote:

You are paying for it so I would say give it a shot, although it sounds like we can all guess the answer on what they can do for you.  Outrageous.

Eeeexactly. Like I said, after...actually, more than a year at this point, I'm sick of dealing with AT&T's CS department. It's the same stuff every time until I can get someone to understand that I've been through all of this before and I do, in fact, know what the [word filter avoidance] I'm talking about. I finally had a really good Tech Support rep on my latest round through them, but I have no way of getting ahold of her anymore.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

Defeat through frustration = 1 in win column for ATT.  Thats beyond rotten JT.  That is why I wont even start.  I don't have the patience.

Explorer

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

@Samsunk-Failaxy wrote:

Defeat through frustration = 1 in win column for ATT.  Thats beyond rotten JT.  That is why I wont even start.  I don't have the patience.

Pretty much. Unless you get a good person, all they do is give you the run-around and tell you they'll call you in 3-5 business days.

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

11 years ago

The issue also exists in the S4, with Android 4.2.2. After filing an FCC complaint, I got a call from someone at AT&T offering to let me out of my contract. She said they were unable to solve the problem. I told her no, to reopen the ticket, so she did that and will get back to me someday. I checked prices on the only compeditor I would consider, and with 5 phones for the family, plus 3 data plans, it would run me maybe $60 more a month. So just jumping ship isn't an option.

I did ask her about "Voice over LTE" as a possible fix, and she said it would be another year or two. 

Explorer

• 

17 Messages

11 years ago

Yeah, see. In response to my FCC complaint, I received a call in May, and was told voice over lte was coming at the end of June, and would fix the issue. What a joke.

Scholar

• 

129 Messages

11 years ago

@TIGERFAN133 the earliest I've heard of for VoLTE is Verizon's goal of starting roll-out in 2014, likely completion by 2015-2016. I would expect AT&T to be about a year behind them, as AT&T if still rolling out their LTE footprint. VoLTE requires enhanced (faster) broadband connections and a minor update to the bandwidth and radios at each tower.

Explorer

• 

17 Messages

11 years ago

I figured it was just so much bull at the time, but wow, surprising how much bull, even for at&t!

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

11 years ago

I live in the NYC metro area, 30 miles outside of NYC, and don't get LTE. 

This whole situation is a joke.... It's unfortunately on us, and we're not laughing..... 

Voyager

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Everyone is talking about ATT supplied phones...  I have a Galaxy S3 Mini that I brought unlocked from 3rd party and also have the same problem with missed and dropped calls.  My husband tells me that he gets a message that "the user is out of network" and can't even leave a voice message. 

Haven't tried the two fixes noted in this thread yet, hoping they work for the unlocked phone.  Any thoughts on that?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.