The Samsung Galaxy S24
j5k's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 10th, 2012 12:15 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy S3 Not Receiving Calls - Phone issue or Android issue?

I just got a Samsung S3 a week ago.  I have received calls and texts on it, but it appears that I am missing calls.  Somebody tried calling me 6-7 times in a row in a 30 minute time span yesterday and it never rang, and only one of those showed up as a missed call.  Today, the same thing happened again with two calls, and neither appeared in my missed call log.  They sent a text and it didn't appear until about 20 minutes after it was sent.

I live in a built up area where there should be good coverage, and looked at the map and am rated as "best coverage."  In the past six months, there were maybe two incidents at most when my old phone (not a smart phone) did not ring.  I have a normal amount of bars on my phone.

During both of these incidents, my phone was not in use, and the ringer was on with sufficent volume.

Does anybody have any recommendations for solving this?

Explorer

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

11 years ago

What a revelation! Did you read the thread before posting? That is what this whole thread has been about, the workaround you mention was brought to us from M.A.S.E as early as page three of this thread!

Scholar

• 

90 Messages

11 years ago

Funny how att dropped a few lines every week bumping this thread up and then disappear again for a month. Lol

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

11 years ago

But, jt1019, aren't you paying for reliable talk and text AND 4G/ LTE? 

Given that, AT&T are making out very well on you and everyone else using this workaround. 

We're all paying for all 3 services, yet AT&T can skate by charging full price and delivering only ⅔ of the services we're contractually bound to pay for, and they're contractually bound to deliver. 

Letting them conserve costly  bandwidth at our expense when they admit (to a few of us) that it's an issue on their end is about as close to fraud and misrepresentation as you can get. 

FCC and FTC have been informed of this situation by many of us. Suggest that everyone effected do the same, also calling and demanding appropriate reductions in billing until the situation is rectified, a new phone that wouldn't be effected, or release from the contract without penalty due to AT&T's apparent inability to fix the issue, or give a time frame other than 'by the end of the year'. 

Keep their feet to the fire on this: it'll only get resolved when it starts to impact the P&L or the stockholders' dividends. 

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

11 years ago

Has anybody found a solution that disables LTE without forcing you to be on only GSM or WCDMA? I'm in an area that has lots of places with LTE but also lots of places with only GSM towers, yet the voice quality is pretty poor on that compared to WCDMA. Having an Automatic WCDMA or GSM choice would be a pretty useful option, regardless of this whole issue.

Explorer

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

@MN-Android wrote:

What a revelation! Did you read the thread before posting? That is what this whole thread has been about, the workaround you mention was brought to us from M.A.S.E as early as page three of this thread!

Sorry, I did not. I skimmed it to make sure my issue was the same as everyone else was having, but I didn't go through each and every page. No need to be rude about it.

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

11 years ago

No problem, jt1019, 

You didn't need to edit your post. 

We need these questions kept viewable, hopefully on each page, so people casually skimming through will see and realize what we're talking about. 

Can't repeat these issues enough. 

AT&T needs to realize that we're not going away until these problems are addressed and remedied. 

Meanwhile, they're banking our money on services that we can't utilize in accordance with our contracts, even though they're not able to fulfill their side of it. 

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

11 years ago

Hello, everyone!

It seems some of you are still running into some problems with the update. Our team is working to get you answers. In the meantime, you can help by contacting ATTCustomerCare via PM by clicking here. They will need as many details as possible from each of you, including your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. They will likely also need your device IMEI, OS version, and a brief description of the specific issues you're having.

Thanks!

-Mariana

Scholar

• 

90 Messages

11 years ago

Why won't u just read this thread??? Again with the"pm us". For what??? Update??? It's been out for almost a year. Another fail by att

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

11 years ago

The problem existed before the update and didn't go away after the update. 

I guess that nobody but us victims are reading back through the thread, as there's no way that anyone who has read this thread in its entirety could possibly come up with such an asinine conclusion. 

We've PMd, we've called, we've complained, we've done everything short of climbing the towers and doing whatever infrastructure upgrades or repairs are necessary to fix this. 

What else can we do? 

AT&T is glad handing the issue, patting us on the heads in an effort to placate us, but doing not a blessed thing to actually ease the contractually bound suffering of its victims, I mean, customers. 

Stop the pain.

Fix the issue, or admit that it's beyond the abilities or financial feasibility to actually remedy this. 

The negative PR is staggering. The stockholders won't be happy, and we all know what that means.. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.