The Samsung Galaxy S24
j5k's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 10th, 2012 12:15 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy S3 Not Receiving Calls - Phone issue or Android issue?

I just got a Samsung S3 a week ago.  I have received calls and texts on it, but it appears that I am missing calls.  Somebody tried calling me 6-7 times in a row in a 30 minute time span yesterday and it never rang, and only one of those showed up as a missed call.  Today, the same thing happened again with two calls, and neither appeared in my missed call log.  They sent a text and it didn't appear until about 20 minutes after it was sent.

I live in a built up area where there should be good coverage, and looked at the map and am rated as "best coverage."  In the past six months, there were maybe two incidents at most when my old phone (not a smart phone) did not ring.  I have a normal amount of bars on my phone.

During both of these incidents, my phone was not in use, and the ringer was on with sufficent volume.

Does anybody have any recommendations for solving this?

Scholar

• 

90 Messages

11 years ago

If u only knew how many times I did that with absolutely ZERO support or response.

I got a so called escalation then they called me back one time while I was at work only to notify me that since I didn't answer ATT will be closing the escalation ticket (for the3rd time) and if I want I can start the process again.

Safe to say u (att) won and I simply gave up on any type of support.

I was charged for months full usage for LTE while couldn't use it.

All I keep hearing is "were sorry please call again", really? Call again and talk to a front line tier1 support that will read from a script and tell me to replace my sim, phone, toaster, fridge. Shut off my router and turn it back on and every other none logical and useless solution they keep reading from that silly script they see on their screen.

Due to ETF I had no choice but to be stuck with att service. The smartest thing I did is to get a new phone and get rid of your poor attempt of an OS. Now the great part here that you just wrote for everyone that have this issue to simply send u guys a support request on a different format then this forum.

Meaning u guys will do zero attempts to help us all here and just let us continue to suffer with zero support on "support forum". Most likely this forum mods are contracted to just keep a clean language but to give no tech support.

This should be a unified attempt from att to fix a massive issue. Not go on the route of "devide and concur" and tell us all to individually file a support request that will go again to useless tier 1 representative And make us stop complaining here for all to see.

Great trick to get money u don't deserve. Thank you M.a.S.e - another unsatisfied suffering att customer.....

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

11 years ago

Hello m.a.s.e, the link is to send us a private message. I apologize you had some bad experiences with out tech support in the past. Let me please clarify. Mods are here to make sure this forum is a pleasant place for everybody (moderation) and Community Managers are here to communicate with users, and to connect them to the right person that can help. ATTCustomerCare managers (via private message that I posted a link to) are here ho help with specific problems, they go above and beyond to fix customer's issues. If there is a problem with your account or equipment they will help, if you believe the issue is widespread, they will need to get more details from users experiencing issues so it can be addressed. That's why we ask for private messages.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Scholar

• 

90 Messages

11 years ago

1. i had Nemours amount of "private massages" "tier 3 calls" "tier 1 calls" and whatever else you can think of. 

2. if i "believe" this is a wide spread? are u serious? 

havnt u read all the pages here. can u honestly say u still think its a 1 user issue? 

3. i lost hope a long time ago and i am seriously tired of hearing each time a new person writing the same exact thing cause now its your shift and too lazy to read the entire thread again. 

obviously u guys get no notifications or do a normal shift transfer of known issues. cause each time there is a new ATT employee name on this thread is the same story re-explaining everything from scratch and listening to the same exact comments from reps. 

if ATT really cared. they wouldve contacted me a long time ago, especially since i am the ONLY one who gave the ONLY temp fix that fix the issue. Nuff said. 

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

11 years ago

ATTENTION AT&T EMPLOYESS READING THIS:

I have replied to those private message "temptations" 3 times now.  The front line will tell you they really care, it will get escalated to Tier 2, you will wait a week and then when you call back (not when they call you back in most cases), your case is closed because "the issue has been resolved"  There are countless others who have done this as well.

If you really do want to assist, private message is an insult to us who have gone through it time and time again.  I believe some of you really would like to help, however, that is not the way.  Talk with your supervisors, have them check out this post and provide real help.  This is causing people who have been loyal to AT&T for years looking at Verizon Plans instead...

Community Support

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

Hi coxkun3,

I just checked in on your case and I see that it is still open and our top tech experts are still investigating. I'm sorry there isn't a quick solution to this complicated issue. We appreciate your patience.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Social Media Manager

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

11 years ago

My issue is, the case keeps getting closed and they say it's resolved.  It's only currently pending, because I asked the rep to reopen it - the problem still persists.  Of course, there is no way for me to be able to contact them directly, or is there?

Explorer

• 

17 Messages

11 years ago

I'm still waiting for my call from the last PM on July 3rd. Who are you trying to kid???? You are just trying to throw a smoke screen at the people here. There used to be a count of the number of posts in the forum, but when it got over 300, suddenly the coint disappeared. At least that showed AT&T took a little notice. Even my formal comaint to the FCC only vot me a phone call full of lies and $100 for my HOURS on the phone with Moe, Larry, and Curly in tier one support. I wish I had the knowledge that M.A.S.E. has, (Who, by the way posted the only workaround that works. A customer, NOT AT&T) to root the phone and install an new OS. But hey, maybe you're new and naive, and truely hope to help. But remember we've been here, some for over a year, listening to quite a few people trying to help.

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

11 years ago

Very simply.... They called on another phone/line, or, after I called them they'd mention that they'd called me, sending a screen shot of the call having been made. 

Scholar

• 

90 Messages

11 years ago

The funny part is that ATT claim they call but geniuses !!!! we cant recieve incoming calls or texts so how are we suppose to answer !! LOL- FAIL

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

11 years ago

Very simply.... They called on another phone/line, or, after I called them they'd mention that they'd called me, sending a screen shot of the call having been made. 

In some cases I'd get a notification of a voice mail (a few hours later) which contained the time and details of the missed call. 

In all cases I had at least 3 bars, so it wasn't a matter of not having service. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.