For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
j5k's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 10th, 2012 12:15 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy S3 Not Receiving Calls - Phone issue or Android issue?

I just got a Samsung S3 a week ago.  I have received calls and texts on it, but it appears that I am missing calls.  Somebody tried calling me 6-7 times in a row in a 30 minute time span yesterday and it never rang, and only one of those showed up as a missed call.  Today, the same thing happened again with two calls, and neither appeared in my missed call log.  They sent a text and it didn't appear until about 20 minutes after it was sent.

I live in a built up area where there should be good coverage, and looked at the map and am rated as "best coverage."  In the past six months, there were maybe two incidents at most when my old phone (not a smart phone) did not ring.  I have a normal amount of bars on my phone.

During both of these incidents, my phone was not in use, and the ringer was on with sufficent volume.

Does anybody have any recommendations for solving this?

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

11 years ago

Which rom did you go with? What was your install procedure? Wipe, stock, then to rom?

@m.a.s.e wrote:

i personally gave up a long long long time ago. 

ATT support was the worst i ever recieved and after more then 150 phone calls explaining the issue again and again and again only to be asked to replace my sim/phone/toaster/fridge/dog i decided to just go ahead put another ROM on my phone. 

now im on JellyBean 4.2.2 latest from google. 

works flawlesly with zero issues on all bands. 

like i said from day one.... 

this is ATT lack of knowledge when they custemize google OS to have their LOGO apear and on the same note break the entire OS. 

keep viewing this thread is a complete waist of time, att does NOT listen to any of us. 

Scholar

• 

90 Messages

11 years ago

Cm10.1 based aosp
Jb4.2.2 zero issues
Highly customized
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1971952
[ROM]HellFire™ 2.1 [4.2.2/CM10.1] UPDATED 5/12!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Curious as to why JB 4.2.2 fixes this?
From other posts I got the impression that the "circuit switch fallback" issue was with the 4G LTE/cell towers. Does JB 4.2.2 handle this better so that it gets around the problem?

Scholar

• 

90 Messages

11 years ago

The issue here is att own Rom for jb. Their bloatware messed up the Rom and the lte. Switching to other Rom jb4.2.2 fixed that cause art hadn't touched that Rom....

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

11 years ago

Why does my wife's new AT&T Note II and a neighbors AT&T SG4 not have this issue? They are both running 4.2.2 ? Do these phones design cure the issue or does 4.2.2? Or has AT&T redesigned their rom?

Scholar

• 

90 Messages

11 years ago

Fixed on 4.2.2

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

11 years ago

After a 2 hour phone call with AT&T with front line reps then  with the retention  dept. they are sending me an SG4, running 4.2.2. I hope this is the end of this issue for me. One of the most frustrating phone calls I have ever had to endure! Reps, supervisors, retention, their supervisors, crazy!

Explorer

• 

23 Messages

11 years ago

I had the same issue but now it is gone after I upgraded to 4.2.2.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Hi,

I am having this same issue on S3 with AT&T and I live in Tennessee. I do not even see the calls coming in and then after the calls come in they get put on block some how right after and then I have a hard time with calling them back. I can receive text messages fine and check my emails fine. I am stressed out about the fact I cannot receive calls. My doctor had to call the home phone due to the fact he could not reach me on my cell phone. I was relieved he had my home phone but that is not the only important call I've missed.

What should I do? My friend in Florida is having the same problem with her S3.

Thanks

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

11 years ago

@theskyisnotalwaysblue wrote:

Hi,

I am having this same issue on S3 with AT&T and I live in Tennessee. I do not even see the calls coming in and then after the calls come in they get put on block some how right after and then I have a hard time with calling them back. I can receive text messages fine and check my emails fine. I am stressed out about the fact I cannot receive calls. My doctor had to call the home phone due to the fact he could not reach me on my cell phone. I was relieved he had my home phone but that is not the only important call I've missed.

What should I do? My friend in Florida is having the same problem with her S3.

Thanks

As far as having a phone that can receive calls, you can do the work around outlined by M A S E in earlier pages of this thread. When I did this and dropped down to HSPA vs LTE, the phone never failed but that is hardly a suitable fix over AT&T addressing and fixing it. As far as what you an do with AT&T, I wish you good luck. They will have you look at and verify every setting on the phone, send you to your nearest AT&T store for a new sim card and then finally exchange your phone for a refurbished one. None of this will cure ths issue and you will have to start completely over with explaining the issue with each new call to AT&T. The front line techs know nothing of this ongoing LTE issue but deeper levels of tech support do but they too can offer no remedy. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.